Coral Vue Hydros

[Custom] Calvin415

calvin415

I have, but don't want to spend the money if I can avoid it... Won't have anything that light demanding in there and I already have the VHO ballast and endcaps. All options are still on the table, but I think I'll end up going with VHO's...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I WAS meaning to be harsh! :)

Can't wait to see it stocked. Don't worry about the sketchup I have been playing around with it and made a cool looking tank IMO based off yours.

Good luck!

two tiny dwarf anglers would do great in there. they'd have their own territories, and be easy to find and feed ;)

That's a pretty cool idea, I'm afraid they would get too big too quick... ???

Looks Good! B)

Thanks buddy!

I WAS meaning to be harsh! :)

Can't wait to see it stocked. Don't worry about the sketchup I have been playing around with it and made a cool looking tank IMO based off yours.

Good luck!

LOL! I'd love to see what you came up with! :)

oooooooooooooooo, This tank would look soooooooooooo awesome with two anglers, DAMN!

Good idea kinectic......

Yeah it would be cool for about a week or two... :(

Please do not add anglers.

Kthx

Don't worry, 1 would be too much of a bio load let a lone 2... Plus they would outgrow the tank in a week.

chocolateblnt
Yeah it would be cool for about a week or two... :(

Don't worry, 1 would be too much of a bio load let a lone 2... Plus they would outgrow the tank in a week.

Pipefish would be much better :lol:

Deleted User 7

I dunno, with that black background a yellow clown goby sure would look nice. Maybe a bi-colored blenny would work well too. I wouldnt go too big. Six line wrasse? Thier colors are phenomenal. Endless possibilities with this tank!!!! Do you think you might even be able to have two pairs of clowns if you put anemones on opposing sides of the tank, maybe it's long enough? Still, bioload is pushing it. Make sure you let us know!!! I've been dreaming about the final product of this tank nearly every night.

- Eben

That's a pretty cool idea, I'm afraid they would get too big too quick... ???

hmm... well the small ones like the tuberosis only get to 1.5". they're very hard to find, and usually require special ordering, but you'll be famous over at grimreefers dot com =)

they may dirty up the tank a bit much though w/o a skimmer, but i'm not too sure.

ReefApprentice
Make sure you let us know!!! I've been dreaming about the final product of this tank nearly every night.

- Eben

That's why the sheets are sticky!

lol!

Really nice calvin. The tank looks better everytime. Looking at the newer pictures, the tank looks a lot smaller than I thought it was. The designing is great though. How much have you spent total building the tank?

Pipefish would be much better :lol:

Already looked into it, just like seahorses they prefer a tall tank so they are out too... :(

I dunno, with that black background a yellow clown goby sure would look nice. Maybe a bi-colored blenny would work well too. I wouldnt go too big. Six line wrasse? Thier colors are phenomenal. Endless possibilities with this tank!!!! Do you think you might even be able to have two pairs of clowns if you put anemones on opposing sides of the tank, maybe it's long enough? Still, bioload is pushing it. Make sure you let us know!!! I've been dreaming about the final product of this tank nearly every night.

- Eben

I think I'll end up going with some yellow clown gobies and call it good... Of course that's if I can find time to get the darn lighting finished.

hmm... well the small ones like the tuberosis only get to 1.5". they're very hard to find, and usually require special ordering, but you'll be famous over at grimreefers dot com =)

they may dirty up the tank a bit much though w/o a skimmer, but i'm not too sure.

I can't even google the species, so I doubt I'd find one in a store... :(

LOL!

lol!

Really nice calvin. The tank looks better everytime. Looking at the newer pictures, the tank looks a lot smaller than I thought it was. The designing is great though. How much have you spent total building the tank?

Thanks! So far it's really just acrylic, a couple filter pads, a couple small pumps and plumbing... I'd guess around 200.00 ???

Haha, hate to admit it, but the tank's nearly that good! lol

LOL!

clown gobies are very hard to feed. they usually never start eating and starve. be sure that they are eating at the store before buying them.

you can also look into a gumdrop scorpionfish, like the ones that sharkysreef dot com carries. They're only slightly larger than a clown goby, and they eat very well, and are super cool aggressive scorpions.

clown gobies are very hard to feed. they usually never start eating and starve. be sure that they are eating at the store before buying them.

you can also look into a gumdrop scorpionfish, like the ones that sharkysreef dot com carries. They're only slightly larger than a clown goby, and they eat very well, and are super cool aggressive scorpions.

Any pics? Sharkys is pretty empty...

i can attest to the gumdrop goby..... they are seriously sweet fish! and kinetic is the man you want to talk to about them, casue he has one! A rainfords goby might be a cool addition to the tank.... they are pretty docile, really colorful, and filter the sand.

Loving the way the tank is coming along! Cant wait to see it with light! Some T5 lighting would look pretty dang slick over it, but if VHO's are what you have, i wont object to them :D

Sorry, still no updates... :( I've been so busy building tanks and sumps that I haven't had time to do anything. :( There was interest in someone buying the tank, but I haven't heard back yet... I really love this tank but time is just killing me right now. Pretty sad, I know, I have the endcaps, and ballast and just need to build a canopy to put over the tank. Sounds so simple, but it's easier said than done.

Here's some proof... LOL! 2 48x48x12 holding tanks...

DSCN2545.jpg

DSCN2544.jpg

A couple sumps coming up next...

DaveSump-1.jpg

ZachSump.jpg

And then a 48x16x16 a 60x36x24 and a 60x24x24...

Whew!

DUDE! This is the best tank design I've seen since Tigahboy's 2.5L! I may have to build one a' these for myself! Do you have any plans with numbers for the parts? I've built two 2.5RL's, I may have to do a few of these!

BTW, I thirst for pics of some light!

DUDE! This is the best tank design I've seen since Tigahboy's 2.5L! I may have to build one a' these for myself! Do you have any plans with numbers for the parts? I've built two 2.5RL's, I may have to do a few of these!

BTW, I thirst for pics of some light!

Thanks bro, I don't have any plans or part numbers, just the two pumps which are Via Aqua 1300's, everything else was custom done. As soon as thing slow down a little I hope to get some lights over the tank... I just got orders for 2 more tanks and another sump to build yesterday so I'm not sure when there "will be light". :(

Archived