Coral Vue Hydros

[Custom] Calvin415

calvin415

the wait is almost over isnt it? roughly 2 more months left. At least your tank is progressing very nicely. After I added a green Nepthea, my tank's growth has completely stopped. The only thing that grows is the Nepthea itself. You've pretty much got this in the bag as I see no other tanks being updated.

GL

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoReefer411

:D Eric,

Sheesh. Nice tank. You are one talented guy with building those nano's! Wow.

Eric built me a nice overflow box for my 40g breeder. Looks good too. Very well priced. Great service. I wish you luck. I'll vote for ya. RC is doing a nightly back up right now. So you feed those shrimp your starfish? :tears: Poor little babies. Okay, yes I know. I'm a wimp. I know the legs regenerate, I just feel bad for the little guys. Well, I'll be doing the same thing with copepods soon. Guess I'll have to feel sorry for them too. omgomgomg:unsure: LOL okay sorry.

Hey, I see you have a torch (at least that's what I think it is) does it bother any of your other corals? I personally would like to keep a wall hammer in my 40 breeder, but I'm afraid the sweepers might destroy all my other corals. =( I wouldn't want that. I'll have some Candy cane's, Micros, Clams, Pocillopora, Montipora Capricornis, and others. I currently only have about 5 different types of Zoanthids and star polyps. Yes, I finally got the thing running. =) Purchased a new skimmer too. The BM150! So far it kicked my Remora Pro's bootay! Okay Eric, just wanted to touch base and say I'll vote for ya. Love the tank. Can't believe how beautiful it is. I just nodded my head when I saw it because it's gorgeous.

Weeeee....Calvin Is blowing some of the RC ppls mind by the size of this tank.

I must admitt it does look a LOT larger than what it actually is B)

Izzue

the wait is almost over isnt it? roughly 2 more months left. At least your tank is progressing very nicely. After I added a green Nepthea, my tank's growth has completely stopped. The only thing that grows is the Nepthea itself. You've pretty much got this in the bag as I see no other tanks being updated.

GL

Thanks nip! Sorry to hear about your growth issue, that's really sucks! There are a lot of sweet tanks still out there and anything can happen come voting time so I'm not betting on anything until the last day of voting, I just wish March 31st would hurry up and get here. LOL That and I wish I knew what the prizes were. ;)

:D Eric,

Sheesh. Nice tank. You are one talented guy with building those nano's! Wow.

Eric built me a nice overflow box for my 40g breeder. Looks good too. Very well priced. Great service. I wish you luck. I'll vote for ya. RC is doing a nightly back up right now. So you feed those shrimp your starfish? :tears: Poor little babies. Okay, yes I know. I'm a wimp. I know the legs regenerate, I just feel bad for the little guys. Well, I'll be doing the same thing with copepods soon. Guess I'll have to feel sorry for them too. omgomgomg:unsure: LOL okay sorry.

Hey, I see you have a torch (at least that's what I think it is) does it bother any of your other corals? I personally would like to keep a wall hammer in my 40 breeder, but I'm afraid the sweepers might destroy all my other corals. =( I wouldn't want that. I'll have some Candy cane's, Micros, Clams, Pocillopora, Montipora Capricornis, and others. I currently only have about 5 different types of Zoanthids and star polyps. Yes, I finally got the thing running. =) Purchased a new skimmer too. The BM150! So far it kicked my Remora Pro's bootay! Okay Eric, just wanted to touch base and say I'll vote for ya. Love the tank. Can't believe how beautiful it is. I just nodded my head when I saw it because it's gorgeous.

Haven't heard from you in a while, glad you got your tank up and going and that BM150 is sweet!!! Thanks for the vote and I added a reply over on RC about the Euphyllia family corals. :D

Weeeee....Calvin Is blowing some of the RC ppls mind by the size of this tank.

I must admitt it does look a LOT larger than what it actually is B)

Izzue

LOL!!! Thanks Izzue, yeah I had a local reef club meeting at my house yesterday and most thought it was a lot bigger until they saw it in person. :) I should take a pic some time with my hand filling it up. LOL!

I reckon you'll win it. Will you feed some one the corals a day before the final or something?

Not sure I understand your question???

...yeah I had a local reef club meeting at my house yesterday and most thought it was a lot bigger until they saw it in person. :) I should take a pic some time with my hand filling it up. LOL!
that's a great idea! some kind of visual size reference so they see how small it really is.

or maybe how gigantic you really are! <_<

jk :P

great job!

mybuickskill6979

damn calvin. things are coming along nicely. i will be setting up a pico here pretty soon! while i work on my "DREAM SYSTEM" lol!! but if my final comes to even half as bad @$$ as your tank i'll be a lucky dude!!

if the LPS get fed won't they colour up some more for your final photo?

How long has that starfish been kept alive for? Why do so many people use CC stars; are they alot hardier?

that's a great idea! some kind of visual size reference so they see how small it really is.

or maybe how gigantic you really are! <_<

jk :P

great job!

LOL, I'm a really small guy, but I'll try to get a pic taken soon. :)

damn calvin. things are coming along nicely. i will be setting up a pico here pretty soon! while i work on my "DREAM SYSTEM" lol!! but if my final comes to even half as bad @$$ as your tank i'll be a lucky dude!!

Thanks bro! :)

if the LPS get fed won't they colour up some more for your final photo?

How long has that starfish been kept alive for? Why do so many people use CC stars; are they alot hardier?

LPS really need to be fed on going IMO, a last minute feeding I doubt will do much... The star fish was kept alive for about 4 weeks, it's all eaten now though. :( CC stars are used because they are cheap, it's not a star you want in a reef tank so there isn't a huge demand keeping them cheap. :D

Oh man, I think you have already won the contest, by a truck length. :lol:

LOL! Maybe on RC, but certainly not here. This is the contest that means the most to me, you guys are the ones who knows what is tough to do and what looks good. I hope I can earn enough of the N-R votes.

of the tank, right? i'm kinda worried how you interpreted that. :unsure:

:P

Ha ha ha!!! Yes I will be taking a picture of the tank, get your head out of the gutter. Where were you when everyone kept calling it so long!!!

hey calvin ,,,,,,,,,,i have been following your progress,,,,,,,,,,,very impressive.i had to make sure i stopped by rc to cast yet another vote u'r way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That panoramic shot is incredible

Thanks!!!

hey calvin ,,,,,,,,,,i have been following your progress,,,,,,,,,,,very impressive.i had to make sure i stopped by rc to cast yet another vote u'r way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!! I truely appreciate the vote! :D

newjerseynano

omg wow what can i say im sorry i kno this is bad sportsmanship but wow this is the clear winner. props and more props dude, u earned it. the tank looks stunning, it looks even natural, big plus on that. all i can say is how much did u put into this, like money and time. and its only 17g! those wall shots blew my mind there was so much in there. great job dude u perfected nano-reefing congrats.

absolutley amazing tank!

Thank you very much! :D

Tank is even nicer, if you see it in person!!!!

Thanks bud, glad you were able to make it over to see it.

omg wow what can i say im sorry i kno this is bad sportsmanship but wow this is the clear winner. props and more props dude, u earned it. the tank looks stunning, it looks even natural, big plus on that. all i can say is how much did u put into this, like money and time. and its only 17g! those wall shots blew my mind there was so much in there. great job dude u perfected nano-reefing congrats.

LOL! We'll see how the voting comes out... I really don't want to say how much $ as I've gotten a lot of freebies, but so far I've got about 20 hours in the build and another 3-4 hours a week working and tweaking...

*Clapclapclapclapclap* And the winner is......undecided... for now *dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnn*. *awkward silence* Interesting tank, although these competition tanks always are. Do we get to vote in the end?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks navyav8tr, shoot me a PM if you really want one. ;)

Here's a couple updated shots for now, nothing spectacular but wanted to give you something to look at. :)

DSCN3252.jpg

DSCN3258.jpg

DSCN3259.jpg

DSCN3253.jpg

DSCN3261.jpg

Truck_Under_Water
Here's a couple updated shots for now, nothing spectacular but wanted to give you something to look at. :)

nothing spectacular....yeah right. looks awesome!

Archived