Coral Vue Hydros

[Stock] Truck_Under_Water

Truck_Under_Water

Truck_Under_Water

INTRO

All righty. I was in the process of building a 12 gal Eclipse with a 10 gallon sump/fuge. However my eclipse tank got busted around the bulkhead holes (DOH!). So i am using this contest as a means for another nano. I'm going to keep it simple so i decided on the stock contest. Cutting it close on time!

TANK

All Glass 10 gal 20"x10"x12"

LIGHTING

Current USA 20" 1x40 Watt PC Single Satellite with legs

FILTRATION / CIRCULATION

Aquaclear 50 HOB filter 200 GPH

Regent (Wal Mart) Powerhead 170 gph

Hydor Flo

HEATER

Visitherm Stealth 50W

WATER

RO/DI

Reef Crystals Ran out of reef crystals and bought oceanic - we'll give er a shot 10/31/06

LIVESTOCK

Lots of small feather dusters, lots of small unidentified snails, 1 astrea, the obligatory amphipods, copepods and bristleworms. 1 hermit crab (hithchiker - blue legged). Stomatella snails! Peppermint shrimp. Yellow Clown Goby (died). Tank raised ocellaris

Orange and Red zoanthids. Mushrooms. Green and Purple Star Polyps. Ricordeas. Red mushrooms. Button polyps.

SUBSTRATE

Thin layer of CaribSea Fiji Pink.

MISC

Coralife Digital Thermometer. I feel trendy.

Chaeto in soap dish. Free roaming chaeto and halimeda.

ENTRY PHOTO

DSC01210.jpg

Truck_Under_Water

Some pics i took today. 10-19-06

Right now it has an Aquaclear 30 filter i had sitting around. Might order the 50 next week. Also a walmart (penguin) powerhead (170 gph). I like how the Aquaclear powerhead mounts better. Anyone have a compatible penguin mount (non suction cup)?

playing with freshwater

DSC01679.jpg

New stuffs

DSC01680.jpg

Salt!

DSC01681.jpg

Truck_Under_Water

Live rock added today. 10/20/2006 Sorry for the picture quality.

FTS

DSC01682.jpg

Coralline!

DSC01683.jpg

There are some feather dusters on here, really tiny. Hope they survive.

DSC01686.jpg

Truck_Under_Water

Thanks.

Yeah, im actually thinking about painting a couple of acrylic sheets in different colors, so i can swap them in and out. The lights always make the colors appear different and it never turns out quite like i have planned in my head.

One color id like to try is white.

Truck_Under_Water

Picked up some orange zoas today. They opened up after 9 minutes! I also got some macro algae and i hitchiking hermit crab.

Dsc01698.jpg

9 min later

Dsc01700.jpg

****Do i HAVE to have all my livestock in before Nov 1?****

I would put a background on there of some sort so the focus is more on your LR and corals and not the wires behind the tank just my opinion beisdes that its looking good B)

Truck_Under_Water

I figured the 1st was too early...but i wanted to be sure. Thx.

I plan on putting the chaeto in a soapdish like "formerly icyuodd/icyoud2."

I plan on putting the chaeto in a soapdish like "formerly icyuodd/icyoud2."

Good idea. I got distracted by his urchin and totally forgot about using the soap dish for chaeto.

• 2 weeks later...
Truck_Under_Water

Some new stuff for Nov. Soap dish fuge in testing. Added hydor flo on Nov 4th. That's it for hardware. Small amount of carbon in HOB. Changed every other water change. Got lazy and went to walmart, bought a black background. Now to keep stocking.

FTS

DSC01701.jpg

Swank Angle shot :lol:

DSC01702.jpg

Orange Zoas and some shrooms. My little Astrea eatin and poopin away.

DSC01704.jpg

Had to find a spot that didnt upset the mushrooms too much flow wise.

Star Polyps in a shell. I cannot for the life of me get a good picture of these guys. Hopefully a new camera will be in budget around Xmas!

DSC01705.jpg

I couldn't pass these ^^^ up. $10 at the LFS

Been using DTs Phyto every two days 1mL or less. Noticed a HUGE pod explosion. Amphipods jumping around day and night, and copepods coating the glass like mad.

As of today (11/10/06) tests:

Amm 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0 (surprising)

pH 7.8 (been like that since day one, need a second test to dbl check)

Ca 460 mg/L

KH 12 dKH

Salinity 34

SG 1.026

Not sure why pH is so low, but everything seems to be doin fine. Need a second test to check against mine. BTW Aqua. Pharm. tests. Water change every 3-4 days with oceanic salt.

Had a few flatworms during the first couple weeks i forgot to post about. Sucked em out with a baster. Also saw 2 stomatella snails (kick ass!). A few small pest anemones got taken care of, but new corals came with 2 more. Havent taken them out yet. Havent caused a problem yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Truck_Under_Water

11/27/2006

FTS

DSC01592.jpg

Star Polyps

DSC01591.jpg

Ricordias

DSC01590.jpg

Orange zoas

DSC01589.jpg

Green Star Polyps

DSC01588.jpg

I gots me a peppermint shrimp in there as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Truck_Under_Water

Some December Pics. I GOT A NEW CAMERA!!! :D:D:D

BSP.jpg

morezoa.jpg

new baby shroom

shroomy.jpg

more pics later today

Lots of corraline growth on the plastic in the tank. Glass is getting a few spots as well. Added a yellow clown goby earlier this week. In November i added a peppermint shrimp. Hmm lets see, also added a $5 zoa frag from the LFS sitting in the soapdish.

Archived