SaltCritters.com

[Stock] Asin

Asin

Damn bro you are coming around very good. You keep it at this rate your going to win the contest with all those cool corals. Very cool dude. Thumbs up!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks bro. I'm kind of following yours and Tigah's lead. Hopefully my tank will live up to the standards that Tigah and yourself set.

BTW, how's your tank doing? Any extra frags laying around you don't need?? :D

EQUIPMENT UPDATE:

I will be replacing my Power Sweep 212 with the following:

-Maxi-Jet 600 (160 GPH)

-Hydor FLO

-Asin

No, actually I've had it for quite some time now. It never gave me any problems until now. I never cleaned it either. Its actually the third PS I've owned and never had any issues with them.

But, in this small of a tank, they do tend to run a bit warm, so I decided instead of getting another one, I would just switch to a MJ600 and cut down on heat issues. The H-FLO will replace the "wave action" that the PS does.

-Asin

Thanks bro. I'm kind of following yours and Tigah's lead. Hopefully my tank will live up to the standards that Tigah and yourself set.

:huh: Oh damn dude thanks. What an honor.

UPDATE:

Added a few lbs. of rock and re-scaped. Also added a frag and a baby six line wrasse.

Six Line Wrasse (From Pacific Reef in Torrance)

SLW_01.jpg

(From One8thscale)

Frag_15.jpg

Right side of scape:

Tank_1021_left.jpg

Left side of scape:

Tank_1021_right.jpg

FTS:

Tank_1021.jpg

Next update: Tomorrow!

-Asin

UPDATE:

Re-scaped... again. I think I like it this time. Hopefully it stays. Added a couple of frags aswell.

(From Pacific Reef in Torrance)

Frag_16.jpg

Frag_17.jpg

The boyz chillin'

Pair_01.jpg

FTS with new 'scape

Tank_1022.jpg

Click on thumbnail for full size

post-10488-1161570387_thumb.jpg

-Asin

Israel,

I want my tank back !!!! j/k lol

Wow you cleaned it up nicely it looks brand new !!!!!

Every thing looks good so far good luck with the contest

I'm trying to figure out what the best place to put the MJ600 w/Hydor FLO in the tank would be. As you can see in the pictures, the AC50 is on the right and does a pretty good job on that side. Does anybody have a similar set-up on their 10 gallon? Where do you have the MJ600 w/Hydor pointing?

TIA

-Asin

bucknellreefer

Looking great!

In my 10 I have my powerhead (MJ600) aimed across the return of the powerfilter (ac110). I like how this disperses the flow around the tank a little better and i would think that the Hydor-flo would make that work even better.

UPDATE:

Added the following frag:

Frag_18.jpg

October FTS has been added to first post. But, I posted it here aswell.

FTS:

Tank_1029.jpg

-Asin B)

bucknellreefer

Those great corals are going to look even better once they are mounted to the rock structure, I can't wait to see how you arrange them.

Thanks guys. I've got a pretty good budget. I sold my 20 gallon setup with stand and canopy last week, so that gave me extra funds! Buck, I trying to figure out where to mount the frags aswell. I'm having a tough time doing it right now, I'm using super glue, but it dries so fast once you place it in water. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it without having to remove the LR from the display. You got any ideas or suggestions?

Cesar, I've got about 10 more frags kickin' it in my qt tank, so there's more to come! :D

-Asin

Archived