SaltCritters.com

Do Crabs eat coral?

Cesar

:huh: WTF. Do some crabs eat corals? I have in my tank some crab that came in my LR and I noticed that I have been missing my beautiful EE zoo's. I found a little chunk were the crab usually hides. Do they eat Zoo's? The rest of my EE colony is gone. I can't find it anywhere.

yup, consider your EE's gone then..... crabs are opportunistic eaters, eating whatever is closest to them when they are hungry, whether it be some hair algae or some valued corals. Id get rid of that crab (in fact, any crab) from your tank ASAP. and if you would like, feel free to send it to me so i can feed it to my mantis shrimp ;) i promise a horrible and gruesome death for the perpatrator

DementedLullaby

With near 6k posts I would think you'd be aware that crabs...especially hairy crabs are oppurtunistic feeders :P

Anyway another thing to look for is sharp ended claws vs. blunt/round ended claws. Roundies usually scrape algae while sharpies eat just about anything. Even roundies can turn on you(i.e the horror stories with emrald crabs)if not eating enough/getting a taste for expensive dining.

and if you would like, feel free to send it to me so i can feed it to my mantis shrimp ;) i promise a horrible and gruesome death for the perpatrator

You got it dude. Let me catch that little ba$tard and i'll send him your way. That S.O.B. Make sure you get that on video or picture man. I want to see that punk suffer. I'll even pay for shipping dude.

With near 6k posts I would think you'd be aware that crabs...especially hairy crabs are oppurtunistic feeders :P

:) you would figure. I just never had one of these hitchikers before. That ba$tard is mine dude.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived