Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

EZ's AP 12

ezcompany

Tank looks great!!

Is it just a regular 20" 40w fixture, or did you find one that is like 17", doesn't look like you have much overhang on the light fixture.

I'm in the cylcing process of a 5.5 and am still looking for a light, could you list brand/model?

Thanks

Tank looks great for just throwing stuff in there

AC500/110 on the 5.5 is the way to go too!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks great!!

Is it just a regular 20" 40w fixture, or did you find one that is like 17", doesn't look like you have much overhang on the light fixture.

I'm in the cylcing process of a 5.5 and am still looking for a light, could you list brand/model?

Thanks

Tank looks great for just throwing stuff in there

AC500/110 on the 5.5 is the way to go too!!

its the regular 20" fixture. the brand is the 40 watt satellite fixture by current usa.

the ac500 is too strong for the tank so impellers need to be shaved. thanks for the compliments but this tank is being taken DOWN!

soon to come in place of the 5.5 is a 12 gallon Aquapod. don't expect much, just a lil ol transfer, but i will post pics ;0

• 3 weeks later...

im too lazy to start a new thread for my 12 gallon ap.

img4750fk5.jpg

img4755ru9.jpg

img4756do5.jpg

the jawfish was sitting at the LFS for over three months. i've watched him grow 2 inches. for most of the time it was living in a small tupperware floating, and was finally transferred into those small cubicles. eitherway, i will think of adding substrate for him to mess around in, but for now i'm sure he'll be happier in his new settings. he has already started to eat, and my onyx perc doesn't mind him at all.

nice tank ez.... :happy: Wow the arrangement of those rocks make's the tank seem to be deep.......cool :lol: By the way, the center of the tank looks really good without any rock..are you planning to leave it like that....? :o dont change it please, it really looks superb..

Awesome blue spot jawfish. I bought one not too long ago, but he died within a few weeks. I know somebody that bought two from the same store I bought mine from, and both of his died also...so I'm guessing it was something from the store or wholesaler. It was a pretty cool fish while it lasted though....and a bit of a bummer to lose such an expensive fish.

Awesome blue spot jawfish. I bought one not too long ago, but he died within a few weeks. I know somebody that bought two from the same store I bought mine from, and both of his died also...so I'm guessing it was something from the store or wholesaler. It was a pretty cool fish while it lasted though....and a bit of a bummer to lose such an expensive fish.

the fish jumped out last night even after i covered the tank. luckily i heard it flapping about. he has a big white wound on his head now, sigh.

his appetite is great though, and he really looks like a gecko!

I'm jealous Jin, I wanted a BPJ soooo bad! I had one on hold from Strictly Fish, but when I went to pick it up it had died. :( 2 days previous it looked like it could live many years! Amazing how fast things can change. I like my Dusky though. Poor thing was ###ed at me when I tore up it's home yesterday, lol! :lol: It tried to jump out and fin smack me! :o

the stupid piece of crap jumped again last night. i cannot believe how i heard him jump......it was 5:10 am when this happened...omfg...

i might need to make him another tank in which i dont want to be doing...

the stupid piece of crap jumped again last night. i cannot believe how i heard him jump......it was 5:10 am when this happened...omfg...

i might need to make him another tank in which i dont want to be doing...

LOL

What the hell are you going to do now? Why don't you just use the canopy, fix the lights and you'll be set.

wow, thats crazy. I guess you at least got lucky enough to find him on the floor. Have you thought anymore about adding a little sand to the tank? Mine definately had quite a burrow dug out.

Yeah, use the canopy or something. What about eggcrate with screen door mesh over it to cover the holes? That should work as ugly as it would be. My Dusky never jumped, except when I tried to net it up this weekend, LOL! :lol: Perhaps if it had more sand for a deeper/larger burrow, it would be less likely to jump. With my Dusky, it was so far under the L/R that it would have to move more sand just to have a clear path to jump out from. You could always put a moat around the tank just in case. ;) j/k

Phix? Is this the same little Asian girl who told me to acclimate the damn clam for 45 minutes? Why would I take advice from a little Asian girl who puts a jawfish in a BB? :huh:

Phix? Is this the same little Asian girl who told me to acclimate the damn clam for 45 minutes? Why would I take advice from a little Asian girl who puts a jawfish in a BB? :huh:

I'm confused, isn't it in an AP12? Well whatever, it needs sand or it won't be happy. It hasn't yet realized that carpet isn't sand. ;) Maybe it just has hops? I dunno. It needs one of those perimeter collars, so when it jumps it won't go too high, lol!

I'm confused, isn't it in an AP12? Well whatever, it needs sand or it won't be happy. It hasn't yet realized that carpet isn't sand. ;) Maybe it just has hops? I dunno. It needs one of those perimeter collars, so when it jumps it won't go too high, lol!

Buy a miniature basketball rim and put it in there, maybe he just wants to dunk!

its not that its in a bb tank, it obviously adjusted by making its cave in a hole in the rock work, clams do need a long acclimation, clams direct told me to keep my clam acclimated in the sump for over 2 hours slowly, and with how much success he/she has had in reefing, anyways a bluespot jawfish is a cooler water fish anyways needing mid-low 70's reef temps are too high for them

added some sand for the poor fool. he hasn't been playing with it yet.

img4817xs4.jpg

img4792ca8.jpg

img4813fe8.jpg

img4812uz7.jpg

edit: wow these pics look horrible after being resized...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived