inTank Media Baskets

finaly !! my 20 L

dhoffroad

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn I feel missed.....LOL....

well I do pop in everyonce in a while. I hav'nt been on the bords much at all lately, I've just been too busy with other things, and my POOR tank shows it. I would post a pic but I'm not very proud of it right now I've actualy thought about taking it down since I hav'nt taken very good care of it lately....well it looks good if your into the neglected tank look....

oh 10" it's reeftuners , not nanotuners....so how's your tank doing havin better luck lately ??

• 2 weeks later...
10" Red Devil
damn I feel missed.....LOL....

well I do pop in everyonce in a while. I hav'nt been on the bords much at all lately, I've just been too busy with other things, and my POOR tank shows it. I would post a pic but I'm not very proud of it right now I've actualy thought about taking it down since I hav'nt taken very good care of it lately....well it looks good if your into the neglected tank look....

oh 10" it's reeftuners , not nanotuners....so how's your tank doing havin better luck lately ??

Oooohhh reeftuners, oops thats what I get for staying up till the wee hours of the mornin.

Well I had a won brothers heater malfunction on me, did I tell you about that? Anyway the tank got to 75 and then when I replaced it with a new one, those damn dials are so inaccurate, I mean these things do heat to within a degree of where you set it, but the problem is that the dial does not correspond well to what the numbers say so anyway to make a long story short, I thought I had it on 80, but I guess it was 84 so the tank shot up to 84 from 75 bleaching and consequintly killing a single SPS. I also had a pump wire land near my skimmers outlet and this created a nice slide for the water to dump out onto the floor and consequintly dropped the water to 1.020 from 1.025sg in who knows how short a time, probably a half hour or less. So anyway that killed off two of a digi and a much loved acropora. So now your thinking does he have anything left? Well yeah picked up a bright green acropora mini colony a month ago that is doing awesome and shows no sign of letting up. Although my bad luck continues. Somehow I have dinoflaggelettes which if you know anything about them, they basically are impossible to kill. I am trying this experimental maricyn treatment and on the second day of it. Crossing my fingers. The corals and fish seam fine during the treatment. Somehow it got into my 12 gallon nano. I could swear its in the air or something, but I dont live near the ocean so Im guessing not.

Man speaking of fish, I have had the worst luck with fish! I tried a hectors goby, but it starved to death even though I have a pod factory full of chaeto in my sump. I tried 2 blue eyed cardinals and one just died mysteriously!

I had a beautiful lubboks wrasse kick the bucket, with no obvious sign of stress and it had nothing but peaceful tank mates, and well if they werent peaceful I would think I would see nipped fins or something. I think it wasnt getting fed enough. I am beginning to think the fish need much more food then we think. I was feeding them 2 a week if not once a week, now I am feeding 2 days on 1 day off and 2 days on again. I just feel like its helping.

Anyway did you lick those acro eating flatworms?

Where the heck is onthefly?!

Glad your still around!

• 5 weeks later...
Deleted User 7

This is quite the reef tank. I am also setting up a 20 long and this will prove to be quite the inspiration! Thanks!

-Eben

• 3 weeks later...

well as some of you know I hav'nt been around much lately and well I've been putting in as much time with my tank as I have been puttin in here so after watching it go down hill adn loosing a few corals I decided to take the tank down.....got rid of all my coral (well most) and tomarrow will finish taking the tank down....I'll prob be selling my light and skimmer and maby a couple other items so if intrested in anything PM me or just keep your eyes open in the for sale section...

• 2 months later...

Archived