Top Shelf Aquatics

Cliff's 20 gallon long

i have crabs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have crabs

Here is the tank as it looks today. Ignore the rubber band and the netting, just a few mushooms I cut and waiting to attach to the rock. Hopefully I will get to take a few more close ups to show the growth of everything. I also have a sea star in there too that the picture doesn't show. Until next time...

11334Tank_6-6-05.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
i have crabs
Originally posted by gjones

Nice zoos, and great tank tank setup.

How big are the holes in the eggcrate?

Sorry, didnt see that.

The holes are about 1/2 inch I would say. Standard stuff you see at home depot/lowes in the lighting section.

• 3 months later...

Ok, so I have not updated my thread in a long time, so I thought I would take a minute to do so now. I could tell you what I have done, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

My newest fish, my redhead goby, AKA Hellboy and my leather and kenya tress.

Red_head_and_corals.jpg

My hammer and frogspawn

Hammer_and_frogspawn.JPG

Just a picture I really like

SPS_top.jpg

And for the finale, my tank as it appears today

Tank_10-1-05.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Your zoos and sps seem to have lost color.

Of course they have. They came from MH lighting. Does not mean they are not healthy though.

• 3 weeks later...

The QT on the first page is my 5.5 gallon jebo. I dont remember the watts of the lights, but it is what came with it. Standard stuff, not able to keep reefs in that. That tank is now a small freshwater tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks Socal. I might actually be upgrading to MH too. Imagine how great the corals would look under those! I actually just got a 60 gallon tank and stand for $75, so I am thinking of setting that up too.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all! No updates yet, except that I am going to be setting up a 46-gallon bow front in place of this tank. Everything in my 20 long will be transferred to the 46 when it is set up. I don’t know the equipment I will use yet. Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

Cliff,

Tank looks great, can't wait to see the transformation into the 46! I love your camera I need a better one, yours takes great macro shots! Also, I really like "hellboy" I know I said I wouldnt get anymore fish besides the clowns, but damn I like him! Is he pretty relaxed in the tank?

cant wait to see the 46 get going...how much flow do you have in the twenty gallon right now? What size maxijet is that and i assume that other powerhead is running your skimmer...

• 1 month later...
i have crabs

I am guessing you mean the background. Just a regular blue paper background. There is coralline growing over the glass.

• 1 month later...

Archived