ReefCleaners.org

Custom 3g pics

Daemonfly

Custom 3g long is comming along nicely, so I figured it's time for some pics as I just re-scaped the rock layout & added some better zoos.

full-090904.jpg

zoos-hermie-090904.jpg

left-090904.jpg

right-090904.jpg

Camera isn't that great, so low chance of quality closeups X)

Currently lit by 2 20w 50/50 screw-ins but waiting on some final parts for 2 28w 10k & 1 28w actinic, as well as a DIY LED moonlight. Hood still needs to be finished off. Custom Fuge needs a few finishing touches. Dual powerheads on either side flow from inside fuge through back of tank into custom bent nozzles. Some rock was from LFS, and got 2 lbs of Fiji from Premium Aquatics as wel las 2lbs of rubble in the fuge. (should have got a bit more of each). More pics as it comes along.

Current items of "interest":

Brown polyps (default starter corals :P )

Maroon shrooms

Goniopora (small colony came on shroom rock)

Zoos - Red rust skirt, purple disk with white speckles, orange/yellow mouth

Zoos - Green skirt, purple disk with pink speckles, pastel yelow mouth

Larger Green Polyps

Zebra Hermit

Astrea snail (with a shell of red cyano :D )

white mini brittle starfish

few bristle worms

few tiny snails

terrebellid worms

fan worms

thats an awesome looking tank, how long is it? you could probly keep some sps with the 2 28's. are you gonna keep the 20 watters ont here with the 28's?

20w are gonna go in a 2.5g I'm gonna set up. Already have everything needed for for a softy tank, so won't cost any more $$

Tank itself is roughly 15 5/8" long x 7" deep x 6 1/2" high (not including hood). With a connected fuge 14 1/2" w x 4 1/2" d x 6 1/2" high. Fuge will have a AGA Screw in 10w 6700k (or is it 6500k? :D) for the chaeto.

Moonlight test Pics:

moonfull-090904.jpg

moonlight-090904.jpg

Gonna adjust brightness once it gets mounted into hood for good.

• 2 years later...

Wow, forgot I ever made this thread. Tank is gone, as I never felt 100% sure of the fuge I glued on the back. Tank was polysterene (turned upside-down cover for models, etc...), and fuge was cheap extruded 1/8" acrylic.

This was all transfered into a 5.5g (that I never made a thread for).

I should DIY a new version of this, seriously.

Few more pics I never posted up.

3gfront.jpg

shrooms-top.jpg

• 6 months later...
constantocean

ive been wanting to build a 10 gallon shallow long tank (about 3-4 feet long) for sometime now. But I really have trouble finding the materials in my area. Where do you get yours?

Archived