Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Fusion 20 Picasso Clown Tank new FTS

Jstn

FTS 2015-2

IMG_1449_zpsa14wgqvm.jpg

Built with a left overs from my 40b, ended up (saving) housing my clowns in a IM fusion 20

Equipment

IM Fusion 20

Radion Pro Gen 2 on RMS

MP10

Neptune WXM

Neptune controlled (by Apex on 90 with additional temp probe and dc8)

InTank Media basket

Jager 75w Heater

Tsunami ATO

IM Fuge light

Figi Live rock that I have had for 7 years and brs reef saver

Tropical eden Miniflakes

Livestock

ORA Picasso Clown Pair (Amphiprion percula)

IMG_1468_zpsvrwj6xjy.jpg

IMG_1478_zpsiafgnab6.jpg

IMG_1477_zpscgo3tkzv.jpg

Why not drill it?

Didnt want to deal with a sump, the 90 is more than enough for that, plus I kinda dig the nuvos and had a 150$ gift card to burn up.

Picked up a mp10wes; it is being controlled by the apex.

673DDC80-C8D4-4032-9724-AA939B850397_zps

Getting there, the fusion should be here tuesday!

You'll love the Fusion. Are you using that same light?

First impression, This is a nice tank, the silicon work, the glass all looks great, only a few draw backs so far, one the media baskets are a joke, I knew that going in so moot point, the mesh on the screen top is too restrictive, I think I am going to retrofit my standard screen selection into the frame. With the mp10 I have plenty of flow and love this tank much more than the previous 20H

Last pic of the 20H

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1387_zpsxi0q070r.jpg.html'>IMG_1387_zpsxi0q070r.jpg

Unboxing the new tank

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1389_zpsjyznrt6a.jpg.html'>IMG_1389_zpsjyznrt6a.jpg

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1390_zpsywydmdsy.jpg.html'>IMG_1390_zpsywydmdsy.jpg

I had the IM fuge light so I removed some vinyl.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1392_zps9yq3azva.jpg.html'>IMG_1392_zps9yq3azva.jpg

Then installed it.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1391_zpsklu9ewf1.jpg.html'>IMG_1391_zpsklu9ewf1.jpg

Everything moved into the new tank

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1393_zpst5gxts6o.jpg.html'>IMG_1393_zpst5gxts6o.jpg

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/jbolton19/media/20%20Clown%20tank/IMG_1394_zps4pga4pdm.jpg.html'>IMG_1394_zps4pga4pdm.jpg

I need to clean up and organize my coral, not sure I am happy with the placement along with my zoa all been closed for a few weeks :angry:

sweet build. I have the fusion 20 but have yet to set it up, I'm waiting until we get our own place to live in. I plan on getting the radion xr15w pro with the RMS. Lets see a FTS with the lights!

Looks good. I put my fuge in a media basket in the first chamber. Let me know how it works for you in the second chamber. I didn't want chaeto plugging up my return pump, but I think it would have more room to grow in the second chamber.

sweet build. I have the fusion 20 but have yet to set it up, I'm waiting until we get our own place to live in. I plan on getting the radion xr15w pro with the RMS. Lets see a FTS with the lights!

I really like the rms, much cleaner than the previous setup, I think you will love it. I will try to get a nice fts tomorrow, I added tropical Eden sand along with a 75 jager that's just barely too tall for the rear chamber

Looks good. I put my fuge in a media basket in the first chamber. Let me know how it works for you in the second chamber. I didn't want chaeto plugging up my return pump, but I think it would have more room to grow in the second chamber.

I used a sponge in the second chamber to keep it bay, I told Steviet if he makes a fuge basket I will buy it. He does have a nova 16 basket that's 1" narrower, but I rather wait.

I really like the rms, much cleaner than the previous setup, I think you will love it. I will try to get a nice fts tomorrow, I added tropical Eden sand along with a 75 jager that's just barely too tall for the rear chamber

I used a sponge in the second chamber to keep it bay, I told Steviet if he makes a fuge basket I will buy it. He does have a nova 16 basket that's 1" narrower, but I rather wait.

Yeah, a dedicated fuge basket in the second compartment would be key. I'll be one of the first to buy it. Great idea.

On paper it is 1 inch narrower, but I went ahead with it anyways. I bought the nuvo 16 package that comes with the 2 filter baskets and the 1 fuge basket. I also bought the in fuge light he sells on his website, it had good reviews.

The reason I went with the nuvo 16 is due to the following. 1.) I got them 15% off during the black friday sale. 2.) If I am using all of those baskets, and a skimmer in the other compartment, where am I going to use my cobalt neotherm heater? Well, with the fuge being just a bit shorter, I am able to put the heater right beside the fuge in the same compartment. So now I can fit everything perfectly. 3.) StevieT has no clue when or if new baskets for the fusion 20 will be out.

The intank baskets are pretty sweet, And they are way better than the cheap plastic ones the tank comes with. Now ill be able to run the filter floss (yeah I bought some from intank, its great quality and a ton of it) chemipure elite, and purigen without any issues.

On paper it is 1 inch narrower, but I went ahead with it anyways. I bought the nuvo 16 package that comes with the 2 filter baskets and the 1 fuge basket. I also bought the in fuge light he sells on his website, it had good reviews.

The reason I went with the nuvo 16 is due to the following. 1.) I got them 15% off during the black friday sale. 2.) If I am using all of those baskets, and a skimmer in the other compartment, where am I going to use my cobalt neotherm heater? Well, with the fuge being just a bit shorter, I am able to put the heater right beside the fuge in the same compartment. So now I can fit everything perfectly. 3.) StevieT has no clue when or if new baskets for the fusion 20 will be out.

The intank baskets are pretty sweet, And they are way better than the cheap plastic ones the tank comes with. Now ill be able to run the filter floss (yeah I bought some from intank, its great quality and a ton of it) chemipure elite, and purigen without any issues.

Might have to try that. I have the same set up as you, Neotherm, Skimmer, etc. So this might be the best solution. Thanks

Might have to try that. I have the same set up as you, Neotherm, Skimmer, etc. So this might be the best solution. Thanks

I dont know a skimmer yet, I was going to use the pls 50 elite but it wont fit, I know there is some mods that can be do to make it fit, but I have heard good things from the Ghost skimmers. And I know the wife wont love the PLS sticking out of the top.

What skimmer are you running?

I dont know a skimmer yet, I was going to use the pls 50 elite but it wont fit, I know there is some mods that can be do to make it fit, but I have heard good things from the Ghost skimmers. And I know the wife wont love the PLS sticking out of the top.

What skimmer are you running?

I went with the ghost. At first the bubbles were annoying, but that cleared up in a couple weeks. Now it's working perfectly. It's fairly quiet and I like the low profile. I put some filter floss between the skimmer and return chamber just while it was breaking in to absorb some bubbles, and that seemed to work okay during the break in period.

I went with the ghost. At first the bubbles were annoying, but that cleared up in a couple weeks. Now it's working perfectly. It's fairly quiet and I like the low profile. I put some filter floss between the skimmer and return chamber just while it was breaking in to absorb some bubbles, and that seemed to work okay during the break in period.

Sweet thanks for the info. Ill prob go with one of those, to to find a used one on her to try and keep costs down.

Sweet, I think thats next on the todo list. I have my heater in the tank and hate its look, perhaps a jager 50 will be lower profile, Im just scared to use the neotherms after some people mentioning them exploding. I really like this tropical eden sand with the radion, pretty cool effect.

After adding much H2O2, I am thinking I have beat the dinos, I also added a new rock structure and replaced one of my rocks with some new BRS reef saver. I plan to saturate the left rock in zoa, excuse the appearance on the frag plugs, as they heal up I plan on transferring them to the rock.

IMG_1449_zpsa14wgqvm.jpg

FTS 2-8-15

Archived