Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

can someone tell me about these fish?

Kidluvsole

i bought this fish today from LFS, i been eyeing the same one for 3 weeks now, the LFS called it Blue Neon Wrasse, i google it nothing pop up here the picture, can someone ID it for me so i know how to take care of it..IMG_2363.jpg

Ouch, looks like a Red Sea cleaner wrasse.

http://www.fishbase.org/TrophicEco/FoodIte...=quadrilineatus

This species, while acting as a cleaner in the juvenile stages, eats corals, like Acropora, just about exclusively as adults. This makes them just about impossible in the long term for all but the largest, coral-filled systems.

OUCH!! your right, Red Sea Cleaner Wrasse it is..the guy knew i had a reef, i ono why he didn't tell me? since i don't have SPS only LPS and clams and stuff, i should be fine for now?? the guy said that its been eating frozen food, and it has been at the fish store for at least 3 weeks if i can remember i been eyeing him...what should i do?? i don't want to undue my whole tank again...FML!!

Amphiprion1

Well, if you don't have smaller polyped corals, you don't have to worry about them being eaten. However, the fish is an obligate coral feeder as an adult. I don't think any amount of frozen food will provide what it needs in the long run--at least no individuals I've ever heard of.

Edit: As C.I. Reefer said, caution with some of the other corals and even clams may be warranted.

lol why would you buy a fish you know nothing about

Its four sure a red sea cleaner wrasse..i been googling it and the picture confirms it..i know stupid me i should have trust my instinct..my NC is finally doing good, i just think its a super cool fish...i just look how colorful they are.... well thanks guys.. not to be mean...hopefully i catch it soon or it dies before it starts eating my clams cuz ill get it out for sure...and if it ever touches my Acans and blastos its over too!!

Juvi chiseltooth wrasse. If it's from Neptunes, which they called it that as well there, it's def a juvi chisel tooth.

Pseudodax moluccanus

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1989203

http://su9su9.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-77.html

you know what?!?!? that looks very close to it more than the red sea cleaner wrasse, cuz i noticed that the tail has a yellow marking... The LFS i bought it from, they are pretty legit, they don't really make up names, so this should be a good thing??

Amphiprion1
you know what?!?!? that looks very close to it more than the red sea cleaner wrasse, cuz i noticed that the tail has a yellow marking... The LFS i bought it from, they are pretty legit, they don't really make up names, so this should be a good thing??

It does look a bit closer to this species, but you are the best judge since you have the fish in front of you. While this is definitely better in one respect compared to the cleaner, this species gets big. Not a good candidate for nano reefs, at least not for terribly long.

It does look a bit closer to this species, but you are the best judge since you have the fish in front of you. While this is definitely better in one respect compared to the cleaner, this species gets big. Not a good candidate for nano reefs, at least not for terribly long.

it should be a few months until he gets better and maybe than ill try to get him out... do you guys know if they will eat my hermit crabs? cleaner shrimp? what a good website to look for all these stuff??

If youre unsure about it,.., remove it., I would definitely get that thing out of my tank,., Take it back and trade it for something else before it dies and your stuck with it.,

If youre unsure about it,.., remove it., I would definitely get that thing out of my tank,., Take it back and trade it for something else before it dies and your stuck with it.,

thanks buddy...ill give it a shot i love the color on the fish...

buddythelion

+1. Just return it, either fish suggested in the thread indicate a rather unwanted situation for your nano.

If you like the colors, go for a springeri dottyback or neon goby. Same color scheme. :)

+1. Just return it, either fish suggested in the thread indicate a rather unwanted situation for your nano.

If you like the colors, go for a springeri dottyback or neon goby. Same color scheme. :)

I will return it once i can catch it, i haven't seen him at all today maybe during feeding time...

Wait... How? It doesn't even look like a goby? :huh:

yup for sure not a neon goby, i wish now its a neon goby.. i still haven't seen it all day, i in a mean way hope my six line wrasse beat the crap out of it!!.. jk jk

Archived