Top Shelf Aquatics

[Android] Detect Power Outages

DJ_PAPA

Hi everyone =D

I'm posting here a little application that I made because of my Reef Aquarium and I thought that I could share that application with everyone.

So for our aquariums be perfect ok we need electricity. The problem is that everyone have power outages, so we must know when we have a power outage at home to be able to go there and fix for a solution.

There are systems that do that for huge amount of money, but people can't afford to pay those systems.

So I made this application that warn's you when a power outage occurred. And that can make the difference between life and dead of the Reef aquarium.

The application it's free. (there is also a HD version :))

You only need internet connection at home and an Android phone.

For example if you have internet at home you will be notified when that internet connection is lost, and if that happens that means that you have no electricity or you have no internet connection, In any case is a useful information!

You don’t need any computer connected to the internet for the connection be established, so you don’t spend energy.

More information on:

Angry Bolt Widget [Android] « ReefCentral

angry_bolt_logo.png?w=208&h=70qrcode_angry_bolt.png?w=135&h=135

Free version:

• 2 widgets(1×1, 1×2);
  • Works with same reliability as the paid version;
  • Simple to use;
  • completely free =)

get_it_on_play_logo_large.png

Screens

angrybolt_1.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_3.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_2.jpeg?w=162&h=270

angrybolt_6.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_5.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_7.jpeg?w=162&h=270

angry_bolt_hd_logo.png?w=282&h=73qrcode_angry_bolt_hd.png?w=135&h=135

Paid version:

• 4 widgets (1×1, 1×2, 2×2, 2×3);
  • HD widgets for your high resolution phone or tablet;
  • No ads;
  • Faster and more functionality;

get_it_on_play_logo_large.png

Screens

angrybolt_hd_1.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_hd_3.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_hd_2.jpeg?w=162&h=270

angrybolt_hd_6.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_hd_5.jpeg?w=162&h=270 angrybolt_hd_7.jpeg?w=162&h=270

Video

Greetings =)

OP I just downloaded and installed to phone. not sd card. I only use wifi on my phone from home network. I used link to get IP add. and in app itself. keeps saying no connection. turn on internet. So I guess I must use carrer data. not just run from home wifi?

OP I just downloaded and installed to phone. not sd card. I only use wifi on my phone from home network. I used link to get IP add. and in app itself. keeps saying no connection. turn on internet. So I guess I must use carrer data. not just run from home wifi?

Hi, usually it also works with wifi. Try to disconnect and connect again to your wifi network and see on the browser if you can access to: http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp and see your IP there.

That situation also happened to me once but I never understood why, because in a regular situaction it should work.

Otherwise type your IP and click on "2: Test connection" via wifi and/or carrer data.

Greetings :)

Wait, people are now needing to check their phones to see if the power all around them is truly out?

I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Wait, people are now needing to check their phones to see if the power all around them is truly out?

Well if im out of town. I wanna know if my house has power. No power = fish tank dying.

And my food spoling ect ect.

Some of us have cars and jobs and stuff. ;)

I have been using the application so far for 1 month and has been very helpful.

I just improved it and share it for everyone on Google Play because i didn't find nothing equal on there.

The idea is give the ability to the user to know something about what's happening at home.

Greetings.

Hi everyone, I made a new video (the old one was messy) simulating a power outage and showing how the application detect and alert when the connection to the IP Adress is lost.

I hope it is noticeable =)

Greetings.

PS: If you liked the video please rate (5 star if it deserve :P) and comment it on google play =)

Hi everyone e have just release this weakend the version 1.1.0:

- Fix de vibration issue on some phones when notification alert is received.

- Improved stability and connectivity when using some 3G networks;

Plese let me know if something is not working. Soon I will also update the Angry Bolt with new and improved widgets with futher functionality ;)

Greetings;

Archived