Cultivated Reef

OMG! Brain Coral is eating my Azure Damselfish

dtum

albertthiel
Seems Reefbuilders thinks it's cool:

ReefBuilders

Yes it is the same picture and they do mention Dmitry's name as the one who took the picture. Odd that they would post that, but I guess that is what the information age is all about. I saw it in the magazine I mentioned and that is the exact picture they show.

Albert

Saw this from Marine Depot's facebook page. Was awesome to watch!

You mean the same picture but in video, or just the pic ?

I'll have to check it out.

Albert

Everything was fine before the lights went off, I've target fed some of my corals and then went away from the tank for a few minutes. Imagine my surprise when I saw the following picture in my aquariums just 10 minutes later.

5a03aa92.jpg

I don't know what to make of it, never even thought that something like that is possible. Here's the video I took right away:

How did it catch the fish? This explains where my Royal Gramma and Clown went, they completely disappeared a week or so ago. I am truly shocked.

I felt really bad for the fish but figured that the coral must have stunned her badly, so there was no point of helping her out.

dtum ... I assume then that this was your aquarium and article featured in Marine Hobbyist Magazine, correct?

I am sorry to read that your brain coral was that nasty a piece of work !

Albert

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
Obviously it was a zombie fish that liked brains, but died. Maybe your brain's name is Leon?

The article was featured in a mag ... and then are plenty of stories on dtum's thread now about other hobs having issues with some brain corals and anemones from what I noticed

I posted the pic on my thread as well not knowing that it was on NR already as I had not seen it.

Leon ... ??? ??? ???

The article was featured in a mag ... and then are plenty of stories on dtum's thread now about other hobs having issues with some brain corals and anemones from what I noticed

I posted the pic on my thread as well not knowing that it was on NR already as I had not seen it.

Leon ... ??? ??? ???

Albert,

lol it was a joke and a terrible one at that. Leon is a character in the game Resident Evil 2 (it's about zombies). In the game Leon kills zombies. What I meant to say is that the Damselfish= a zombie and brain coral=Leon. Leon kills zombies. The brain killed err ate the damselfish.

albertthiel
Albert,

lol it was a joke and a terrible one at that. Leon is a character in the game Resident Evil 2 (it's about zombies). In the game Leon kills zombies. What I meant to say is that the Damselfish= a zombie and brain coral=Leon. Leon kills zombies. The brain killed err ate the damselfish.

Thanks for the clarification ... guess I did not get it because I do not know that game and actually do not play games on my computer ... now that I am retired however maybe I should :)

Archived