Pod Your Reef

Nocturnal tentacles out of rocks?

hirschy75

Hey all.

Last night I decided to kill the lights and poked around with a flashlight for a bit.

Out of 2 different rocks I saw these beige/off white tentacles that were out and swaying around and when I focused the light on them the drew back into their hole. Anywhere from .5" to a cm long.

Any ideas? Definitely not a brittle star leg, looked almost like a tiny torch tentacle

I'm stumped

I have a few digitate hydroids in my tank that act the way you describe your unknown creature

Do a google search for pictures to see if they are what you have

Jason

I have a few digitate hydroids in my tank that act the way you describe your unknown creature

Do a google search for pictures to see if they are what you have

Jason

That looks like them, are they harmful?

They're on a couple rocks that I don't mind pulling out

Maybe I should pull the rocks then lol. It's just a small .25lb maybe and a bigger one that I was going to chuck anyways.

I don't want them spreading.

Also found a 2in bristle last night.... i need a bigger pair of tweezers

Captain Hook

I had a bunch a one point in my tank, but I changed about half the rock out and I dont even see 1 anymore except 1 lonely little bugger in the sump. I personally HATEEEEE them. Ive heard of people super gluing their base and sealing them in the rock but never rried it. I sucked some up with a turkey baster but not sure if they grew back in the same spot

Archived