inTank Media Baskets

suicidal turbo snails?

zaichotic

Just floating alone is not good enough imo. I usually float the bag and keep adding little bit of water from the tank every 5 mins. I am too lazy to do the drip. My acclimation is usually done in 30-40 mins. Yet to lose a single animal (knock on wood). What I dont understand is how would the snail come out of the shell? Snail's shell is part of it. They are not like hermits. If the snail dies, it would die in the shell.

Just floating alone is not good enough imo. I usually float the bag and keep adding little bit of water from the tank every 5 mins. I am too lazy to do the drip. My acclimation is usually done in 30-40 mins. Yet to lose a single animal (knock on wood). What I dont understand is how would the snail come out of the shell? Snail's shell is part of it. They are not like hermits. If the snail dies, it would die in the shell.

yeah i meant that. i had it floating for 2 hours while adding water from the tank every 20-30 mins.

i know they die in the shell. that's why i had "suicidal turbo snails?" as the topic's title. i was so surprised to see them outside of their shells. :/

IMG-20120327-00093-1.jpg

My Mexican Turbos are supplemented with nori attached to a rock with a rubberband. I use 1/4 of a sheet of nori (stuff from my LFS) every two days. If I use more than that they get lazy, don't do their jobs, and have a two day snooze.

Mexican Turbos can easily right themselves when they fall or wind up on their backs. These guys are very small (around an inch in diameter), but they can get very large. They are my favourite CUC members. :)

Archived