Cultivated Reef

AI sol Nano

Reefty

I have the AI sol nano for $225 total. It has the finger swipe dim control but I had it with apex using the light dim control with that. 4 months with hanging kit still in the box.

nyknicks4412
I have the AI sol nano for $225 total. It has the finger swipe dim control but I had it with apex using the light dim control with that. 4 months with hanging kit still in the box.

Pm'd

Payment has been sent. Awaiting shipping confirmation.

That's interesting because I also sent payment (last weekend), and I am also waiting shipping confirmation. I have already filed a dispute with PayPal, as I am pretty sure we have been scammed. No reply from seller, and of course his account with PayPal is not verified...

Hi Everyone,

I have been on contact with the seller today through PM today actually. He sent me a request, but it was for a service and not a purchase. He kept on telling me that he can't choose purchase because he was not an ebay seller.

Sorry Reefty to put you on blast, but I want to make sure no one gets scammed on here and that if you are legit, please respond.

I wish I saw the comment string on the for sale post earlier.

I copied my quoted PM's below.

Can you please send me your paypal information then.

Thanks in advance,

David

Sure let know

Hey David send me what your wanting again just so I can post in comments for payment request. Thanks!

Hi Reefty,

I recieved your payment request. Can you please clarify how many pucks of Leds (and number of LEDs in each puck). Also, did you want to add the item to the comments for the payment request?

Thanks,

David

Mine is of the 2 pucks. Nano.

I'll not need add in the comments to be added. explain in here lol. Thank you again D!

Sorry for this, but on the Paypal request, can you please make it a purchase, and in teh comments place it as "Aqua Illumination Nano LED Light". I will pay for the difference of what paypal charges you.

Thanks in advance,

David

Sorry but it's not eBay. I have been screwed before. Otherwise imnot covered.

LOL, I completely understand. The reason I'm asking you to do it is because i got screwed on Paypal before from purchasing an item labeled as service. I would love to purchase the light since it's such a good price, but since you are also new to Nano-Reef I have to be a little cautious.

Do you happen to have any references on other sites? Sorry for all the messages, but I just want to make sure neither of us don't get screwed

Thanks again,

David

Well I'll post request as service as will put for what I have in the comments...

Think we are both on the same page tho! LoL

[/u]

I didnt clarify, but his comments are underlined, and I'm David by the way (Reef Noob)

Just to add more info

Reefty's last PM to me was at 4pm today (Pacific Time)

smells a little fishy to me, i pmed him last weekend too but he wouldnt send me pics of the light and sent me a link to where he bought it, but i backed out it seamed to sketchy to me.

nyknicks4412
smells a little fishy to me, i pmed him last weekend too but he wouldnt send me pics of the light and sent me a link to where he bought it, but i backed out it seamed to sketchy to me.

He sent me the bill for service as well and I backed out due to this and no pictures. This is a scam people. Do not purchase this! File disputes on paypal ASAP.

This guy also sent me a message saying he had boost lights for sale. I personally wouldn't buy anything from anyone new to the website. Better safe than sorry.

Can anyone that was scammed by "reefty" please confirm that his email address is truereefer@gmail.com

I think this is important to show PayPal that there was in fact "goods" involved in the purchase, not a "service". If they can link "reefty" to his email address we can show the correspondence leading up to the payments made.

He sent the Paypal request before I agreed to buy it, that's when I got concerned. You are correct, his email address is Truereefer@gmail.com. For some reason, the request got cancelled, I didn't;t do anything with it.

RayWhisperer

Honestly, folks. I wish I could do something to help out. I hate seeing honest people scammed, especially here on N-R.

I kept this thread open for a few reasons. The primary one being, those of you involved can organize something (Hopefully). Another reason is to serve as a warning to perspective buyers. Check before you buy... And don't ever use the personal feature on paypal.

RayWhisperer

The idea has been tossed around. However, look around at some members post counts. How hard is it for a scammer to rack up say, 100 posts? Even 500? We've had members (honest members) put up more than 100 posts in a day. Granted, most of it is usually nonsense. However, is someone really going to take the time to check if the member has been a contributing member? Most don't even check here or the vendor trader feedback forum to see if anything has ever come up before.

The idea has been tossed around. However, look around at some members post counts. How hard is it for a scammer to rack up say, 100 posts? Even 500? We've had members (honest members) put up more than 100 posts in a day. Granted, most of it is usually nonsense. However, is someone really going to take the time to check if the member has been a contributing member? Most don't even check here or the vendor trader feedback forum to see if anything has ever come up before.

Well, I know the guy got me for $60 for an ATO unit. I don't spend a considerable amount of time here and mainly buy macros but I neve saw this coming. Filing the claim tomorrow.

Yeah you gotta ask to see pictures. Bug them for a picture with their name on a piece of paper, especially with the more expensive stuff.

There was a guy going around at monsterfishkeepers.com and other popular freshwater sites scamming people every chance he got. They finally caught onto him and they ban his account every time he pops up a new ad, and he continues to repeat the same process over n' over.

Where ever things are sold there are going to be lowlife scammers....be careful people! Again, ask for pictures!

Yeah you gotta ask to see pictures. Bug them for a picture with their name on a piece of paper, especially with the more expensive stuff.

There was a guy going around at monsterfishkeepers.com and other popular freshwater sites scamming people every chance he got. They finally caught onto him and they ban his account every time he pops up a new ad, and he continues to repeat the same process over n' over.

Where ever things are sold there are going to be lowlife scammers....be careful people! Again, ask for pictures!

He actually sent me a pic of the light, it seemed like a photo he had just taken from his phone, he was holding the light in his hand. I don't think just because the person sends a photo means they are legit. Where I messed up was that I did not pay attention to the fact that he was selling the light as a service, not a good.

Hi, I just wanted to ask for future reference, but how can you tell if an item is being sold as a service and not a good via paypal?

He actually sent me a pic of the light, it seemed like a photo he had just taken from his phone, he was holding the light in his hand. I don't think just because the person sends a photo means they are legit. Where I messed up was that I did not pay attention to the fact that he was selling the light as a service, not a good.

Totally, you can never be sure if the person is legit or not, you just gotta do your detective work before making that purchase. Of course unless the person is a veteran forum member.

Anyway, hopefully paypal refunds your money. Report the claim and wait it out, I'm sure paypal will take care of it.

Save the PMs & photos between you and the jerkface. Send them to paypal with your claim. Good luck man!

You guys might also want to start a "Beware Reefty" thread in the vendor and trader feedback section to let others know as well.

RayWhisperer

Reefty aint coming back... Well, at least not as reefty.

Hi, I just wanted to ask for future reference, but how can you tell if an item is being sold as a service and not a good via paypal?
It's not being sold as a service. When you agree to buy it, the seller will ask you to send the money as a service, or whatever other options paypal provides. It's at the bottom of the paypal page when you send the money.
nyknicks4412
Reefty aint coming back... Well, at least not as reefty.

It's not being sold as a service. When you agree to buy it, the seller will ask you to send the money as a service, or whatever other options paypal provides. It's at the bottom of the paypal page when you send the money.

Exactly...he'll just switch names and do it again. People need to be careful when throwing around hundreds of dollars over the internet. Paypal usually has your back but sometimes there are loopholes people take advantage of.

Archived