Coral Vue Hydros

The Cove...

hirschy75

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The old one looked better :( This one looks forced, the other looked more natural. Sorry!

Oh it's ok. I'm a big believer that the scape makes or breaks the tank so I'll be trying a number of different ways throughout the next couple of days.

Also got my first little nitrite spike on saturday!! Can't wait to take some water in to work on tuesday and see what's going on in there :)

Put the rocks how you want them...just saying...

Always like to get outsider views. I think next I'll try the cave type layout. Excited to get home!!

In other news anyone know of a good place to get dwarf ceriths? I've been reading a lot of threads and it seems like these little buggers are some of the best to have in nanos. Any thoughts on them?

Basketball Prodigy
Got this biznitch down to 78! Added 9 more pounds of liverock bringing the total to 13. Next time I see a sweet piece I'll grab it to bring the total to 14 or 15.

Time to let the cycle begin

Hate my scape btw:

e7b3f03a.jpg

i think a zoa garden on the front rock would've looked awesome

That rock will either be a zoa or ric garden area, haven't decided which yet.

Also I noticed some brown algae on my rocks today: 0eccf16c.jpg

Compare the front right rock to the pic above. Is it possible to be that far into the cycle already?

In other news tank is holding strong at 80 degrees

That rock will either be a zoa or ric garden area, haven't decided which yet.

Also I noticed some brown algae on my rocks today: 0eccf16c.jpg

Compare the front right rock to the pic above. Is it possible to be that far into the cycle already?

In other news tank is holding strong at 80 degrees

Great! Tank is just about ready for a cleanup crew. I highly recommend reefcleaners.org. Great prices and variety.

Great! Tank is just about ready for a cleanup crew. I highly recommend reefcleaners.org. Great prices and variety.

I'll have to take a look at reefcleaners, thanks for the pointer!

Is there a general rule when you should start adding the CUC? Do you wait for the full cycle? Or do you add them sooner?

I usually add them when my cycle has finished. I do a 50% WC and place my order. And have always ordered from reef cleaners.org, they are AWESOME! You will receive your order usually within 2 days, and they have special "kits" you can buy that are custom built for different size tanks. Only downside to ceriths is they can't right themselves so they will fall off sometimes and die. I would definitely use them though... also reef cleaners will tell you in the description what you can expect out of each invert you are looking at. Also I would definitely recommend a fight conch, they eat everything.

I usually add them when my cycle has finished. I do a 50% WC and place my order. And have always ordered from reef cleaners.org, they are AWESOME! You will receive your order usually within 2 days, and they have special "kits" you can buy that are custom built for different size tanks. Only downside to ceriths is they can't right themselves so they will fall off sometimes and die. I would definitely use them though... also reef cleaners will tell you in the description what you can expect out of each invert you are looking at. Also I would definitely recommend a fight conch, they eat everything.

Yeah I found a 14gal quick crew as well as a 15gal that both look pretty awesome.

Is it worth it to add in a few asteras and blue hermits from my LFS and go with a smaller quick crew like the 10gal one?

And aren't the fighting conchs a bit big for this size tank?

As long as only 1 conch you should be fine.. I use blue legs in my tank but I don't think they do much lol...I would just got with the 14 g pack and maybe add a conch or swap out something for a conch... I love mine and he cleans everything!

I hate my hermit. It killed all the snails, even ones with shells too small for him, and he knocks over all my frags. :angry:

I'll have to look into getting one of those then!

I hate my hermit. It killed all the snails, even ones with shells too small for him, and he knocks over all my frags. :angry:

Seems like hermits are a pain in the ass lol. Maybe I'll stick to just the snails for now :P

Seems like hermits are a pain in the ass lol. Maybe I'll stick to just the snails for now :P

I have 7 hermits (though I've only seen 5 in recent days). My only complaint is that they knock over loose corals and frags. They haven't killed any snails or harmed anything. They do a great job of keeping the sand bed clean too. I wouldn't be scared of hermits, just get small ones so they'll hopefully grow up well behaved and give them lots of extra shells.

dude we need a college reefers thread

I concur!

We should set one up, which forum would be the best for it? College reefs certainly have different difficulties that others don't have to deal with

I concur!

We should set one up, which forum would be the best for it? College reefs certainly have different difficulties that others don't have to deal with

i am not sure thats a good question, but i guess i am a brat i have a tank room :mellow:

i am not sure thats a good question, but i guess i am a brat i have a tank room :mellow:

Lucky!

Have you had to move the tank a few times already? Or do you live there year round?

Lucky!

Have you had to move the tank a few times already? Or do you live there year round?

I have not moved my current tank at all, I have had my share of tank moves like my masterpiece 125 after high school ><

I have not moved my current tank at all, I have had my share of tank moves like my masterpiece 125 after high school ><

Damn I bet that was fun :P

In other news more diatoms:

b86f6b44.jpg

Temp is 79-80

Took a 2 minute timeout and played with the scape again:

cc213052.jpg

Archived