Coral Vue Hydros

Corals for the wife...

malawian

don't be all patronizing and make her feel like she's special. actually help her with it but make it truely her tank. if you treat her like a little kid she's going to hate you and your stupid hobby real quick.

I tried the "her tank" method. And it slowly turned into the "call it her tank" method. Then we left for ten days. The tank crashed under my moms care. In my case its better to just let her pick a fish or coral based on what i tell her is suitable for my system. Then everyone wins. And i have to say that, even though xenia grows like a weed in my tank, the motion it adds to the display is very attractive. I havent seen an lps or softy that has as much wavy movement as the long stalks of my xenia. I dont regret adding it to my tank like i do GSP.

I tried the "her tank" method. And it slowly turned into the "call it her tank" method. Then we left for ten days. The tank crashed under my moms care. In my case its better to just let her pick a fish or coral based on what i tell her is suitable for my system. Then everyone wins. And i have to say that, even though xenia grows like a weed in my tank, the motion it adds to the display is very attractive. I havent seen an lps or softy that has as much wavy movement as the long stalks of my xenia. I dont regret adding it to my tank like i do GSP.

happened to me too. made a her tank at her place, which she actually took care of it for a little bit and got some knowledge as we went along during the hobby. then it turned into, it's my tank at her place so I had to take care of it. LOL. but she still got to pick what she wanted in it

i will probably do something like this eventually. when i have the money to ill start a little tank for her with a clown, probably some hammer or FS and some blue xenia. and a cleaner shrimp...she loves the cleaner...

Don't even have to go to that extreme, just some rocks and a xena, GSB, and a majano or two. She'll love the colors and love seeing the stuff grow.

treat her just as you would a child. she'll dig it, i'm sure :rolleyes:

nah...look, ive been a fish nut for ages, so she knows there are going to be tanks everywhere. Its not going to be "her tank" in the sense that she will take care of it (im not delusional, I know this woman well)...but it will be one of MY tanks where SHE runs the show. Then I'm sure she would at least have tons of fun rubbing it in my face how much prettier HER tank is than MINE!

I'm not trying to get her into the hobby, just giving her a little part of my hobby.

Blennylover14

These people are all crazy saying frogspawn etc

Get Xenia or anathelia. It may not be A hard coral but if you but it near current, it's flows more beautiful than a winter stream.

And it grows well and is cheap!

And they acclimate easily to whatever.

Mine are literally 4 inches from my wavemaker.

nah...look, ive been a fish nut for ages, so she knows there are going to be tanks everywhere. Its not going to be "her tank" in the sense that she will take care of it (im not delusional, I know this woman well)...but it will be one of MY tanks where SHE runs the show. Then I'm sure she would at least have tons of fun rubbing it in my face how much prettier HER tank is than MINE!

I'm not trying to get her into the hobby, just giving her a little part of my hobby.

thats easy then. my first suggestion, then.

Mr. Microscope

LOL! Last night my wife said that she didn't like the, "sticks" on top of my tank, but she really likes the torch coral and wants me to add more softies that, "flow." We should start a club.

1fishmonger
LOL! Last night my wife said that she didn't like the, "sticks" on top of my tank, but she really likes the torch coral and wants me to add more softies that, "flow." We should start a club.

I've been fighting this for years. I believe the technical term is 'flowy corals'.

I think I heard that exact statement...

I'm putting mostly hard corals in that tank

wait the stick ones?

Yea I love them

Why? they're ugly

No theyre beautiful!

Well what about the other ones?

Theyre going in the other tank.

Wait so all the ugly corals are going to be in the pretty tank and all the pretty ones are going to be in the ugly tank?

:sigh: :facepalm:

Archived