Pod Your Reef

Boost par30 vs LEDTRiC True Pop par38

gearhead364

gearhead364

Hello everyone I am switching over to LED soon, I have a 3 gal picotope currently with softy's and lps with future plans to host a clam and some sps. Soo I was wondering what bulb would be better over my picotope a boost par30 with 3 blue and 2wt or LEDTRiC True pop par38 with 6 blue 4wt and 2 violet? Anything helps pics, opinions, and especially more pics thanks! :)

Hello everyone I am switching over to LED soon, I have a 3 gal picotope currently with softy's and lps with future plans to host a clam and some sps. Soo I was wondering what bulb would be better over my picotope a boost par30 with 3 blue and 2wt or LEDTRiC True pop par38 with 6 blue 4wt and 2 violet? Anything helps pics, opinions, and especially more pics thanks! :)

We have a few members who actually own both our ReefLamps and Boost PAR, there are pictures in our Sponsor forum. I would check them out.

gearhead364
We have a few members who actually own both our ReefLamps and Boost PAR, there are pictures in our Sponsor forum. I would check them out.

Thanks Mike, I did and I was wondering in your opinion which light gives a more blue look the True pop or the Tri color?

Thanks Mike, I did and I was wondering in your opinion which light gives a more blue look the True pop or the Tri color?

TruPop will give off more of a 14k look, Tri-Color is around 12k. If you are looking for something like 20k look, I would go with our TwentyK model.

Feel free to contact me with anymore questions or concerns,

Mike C.

Jacob042426

I would just go with ledtric because of their insanely good customer service. The ledtric is also a lot more powerful, so you could use it on another tank too. :)

Are there any before and after shots with these ledtric bulbs? I'm curious to see the growth rate under them with the wider spectrum.

Are there any before and after shots with these ledtric bulbs? I'm curious to see the growth rate under them with the wider spectrum.

The company and bulbs are too young for really any good comparisons IMO.

gearhead364
TruPop will give off more of a 14k look, Tri-Color is around 12k. If you are looking for something like 20k look, I would go with our TwentyK model.

Feel free to contact me with anymore questions or concerns,

Mike C.

I'm not to familiar with the color specs Ive spent most of today reading up on them lol but i guess what i was asking was would the True Pop give off more of a bluer color than the 50/50 pcs that Im running now? I looked at some pics and I really like the color of the 14k MH would this be the similar color? sorry for being a noob lol :P

I'm not to familiar with the color specs Ive spent most of today reading up on them lol but i guess what i was asking was would the True Pop give off more of a bluer color than the 50/50 pcs that Im running now? I looked at some pics and I really like the color of the 14k MH would this be the similar color? sorry for being a noob lol :P

Yes, resembles 14k MH without the power consumption and heat :)

Alright Mike I ordered a True Pop very excited to get it over my pico!

I look forward to pics! Will be shipped out Monday morning.

Thank you for your order :)

Archived