Coral Vue Hydros

Green Star Polyps

whitlock

Hey All,

I need some advice on fragging some green star polyps. I have a large rock covered in them and they have grown up on the back glass of my tank. The mat on the glass is about 6" long and 4" high. If I slice the mat away from the rock, will the mat peel off the glass easily or will I need to slide a razor blade under it to release it from the glass. Or would it be better to slice it into a grid while on the glass and remove it piece by piece? Thanks for any help.

should peel off relatively easy. then slice into 1" squares...in 3 weeks you'll have a garden of GSP...stuff's a weed!

I'd remove it from the glass and then cut it. You may or may not have to pry it loose with a razor. As a general rule, You usually don't want to cut the coral any more than you have to while inside the display tank. Do it in a tupperware dish or something.

You may be able to slide a credit card between the glass and the mat also. I agree do as much slicing as you can outside of the tank.

Thanks everyone, I will do most of the cutting in a separate container. I would like to avoid any type of "coral glue" and let them attach to small rock pieces naturally, if I tie them loosely to the rocks with fishing line, how long before they grab on?

nathanq.inc

You're better off with the glue. I tried rubber banding mine to a piece of rock, 3 weeks later still no luck! ended up super glueing them to my back wall instead. started growing about a week after the glueing.

Archived