Pod Your Reef

STn or normal

patback

About 3 days after placing this birdsnest in its final spot permanently, this started happening.

95e303fe.jpg

Took about 2 weeks to get to this point. It still has great color, polyp extention, an seems to be growing. Is this from STn disease, or is it normal from the shadowing? Polyps stay on the white for about 2 days then disappear.

It is at low- mid level in a 10 gallon tank with 24 half and half white and royal blue from aquastyle LEDs, dimmed to about 75 percent. It was doing fine on my sanded for about a month with my 48 watt t5 fixture. Nitrates are "undetectable".

altolamprologus

It's way too small for that to be from shading. It's probably STN. Put coral glue over the dead parts

It's way too small for that to be from shading. It's probably STN. Put coral glue over the dead parts

Thanks alto. By coral glue, do you mean the reef putty I used to attach it? Or super glue gel?

altolamprologus
Thanks alto. By coral glue, do you mean the reef putty I used to attach it? Or super glue gel?

Super glue gel

altolamprologus
Thanks. Hopefully it survives. :/

If it keeps receding after you put the glue on, frag off the healthy part and throw away the dead part

I have a mini colony that was doing the exact same thing, it completely lost tissue at the base. I left it alone and it grew back within a month or two. Keep your perimeters stable and it should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, after applying the super glue to all affected areas, and slightly past them, there is nothing but healthy coral. Thanks for your help.

Archived