Cultivated Reef

Cadlight 8 Gallon AIO Pico

digitalfreq

digitalfreq

On a Saturday night after a few whiskys I felt the urge to buy something. So a few days later this is the result.

What do you think?

: )

cad.jpg

digitalfreq
Nice! Looks like yours faired better than mine with Fedex!

I live less than 30 miles from them so thats probably why..

On a Saturday night after a few whiskys I felt the urge to buy something. So a few days later this is the result.

What do you think?

: )

cad.jpg

You should be glad you weren't drinking tequila!

Looks nice.

digitalfreq
You should be glad you weren't drinking tequila!

Looks nice.

I love to drink.. Anything except Tequila....

I love to drink.. Anything except Tequila....

Same here! I like that tank!

So what are you plans and hopes for this baby! ;)

digitalfreq
Same here! I like that tank!

So what are you plans and hopes for this baby! ;)

I have an VidaRock Bonsai on order. I plan to put only cherry nano corals in this tank and let it grow out. I have a 125G reef tank and it constantly looks like just a collection of corals albeit nice corals and not a true reef tank. I'm hoping this pico will mature and look filled in like that Picotope on this site. I forget his name, but he has a bad ass picotope.. That tank is what got me back into reefing after 20 years.

altolamprologus

Have you tested the PAR from those lights? Idk if CAD stepped up their game, but the last time I saw a tank with original CAD lighting, it couldn't even grow softies.

digitalfreq
Have you tested the PAR from those lights? Idk if CAD stepped up their game, but the last time I saw a tank with original CAD lighting, it couldn't even grow softies.

I bought this tank thinking the light was good enough and that I wouldn't needt to buy a Par38. But now I regret it. It looks nice but you're right, i dont think it's going to cut it. Anyone want to buy this fixture??

$50! haha

but honestly it's a good light for a small fish only or invert tank.

altolamprologus
Could just add some stunner strips to it ....

That would add more Spectrum and Par.

Stunner strips are just for color. IIRC they don't produce any par, and if they do, it's insignificant.

Stunner strips are just for color. IIRC they don't produce any par, and if they do, it's insignificant.

Gotcha.

GO check out Gena's thread she has LEDs on her tank and it looks awesome. I am not sure what she used.

I own the tank. It grew every coral I put in it. Galaxea being the most needy. I only recently upgraded due to my dislike of the colors.

• 1 month later...
eddiecorrea

The par readings on the original Cadlights light are actually pretty good. They are 50 PAR at the bottom of the tank. That is 4inches above the water. That is a pretty high level for a 9watt light. You should be able to grow most anything but SPS.

• 2 years later...

Archived