Pod Your Reef

15 gallon Kessil lit.

miniwhinny

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice setup! Barebottom FTW, may I ask where you got the live rock or how long have you had it?

More pics also please :)

Thank you everyone :)

Rock came from Premium aquatics and I've had it literally for years and years. It's just been recycled around tanks :)

I'm afraid I can tank any more pics on this tank. Couple of days ago my son came home for a visit from college (summer school) and left with an empty 40b, stand, heater, all of the corals I'd been babysitting that were his and everything in this tank except the baby frogspawn.

I'm now at the start of a new project.... :o

Oh no...he'd have to wrestle me to the ground and pry it from my cold dead hands lol.

I've already started my next project...will take a pic and post a link to a new thread later today :)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I started something completely different from anything I've done before.

NO live sand

NO live rock

NO CUC

Nothing but corals (okay - one coral - gotta start somewhere!)

The water is a little cloudy and wow does it look bare. My ultimate goal is to see if I can successfully keep a coral only tank.

Here goes.....Day 1

002-4.jpg

001-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

Don't worry, I'm confused too!

Yes, I'm planning on stocking the entire tank with euphyllia's. I'm going to take thing very slowly and see how far I can push the bio load with no biological filtration in there other than what's in the water column and on the glass.

I thought of this build today while at my lfs. He has an entire 75 gallon tank with nothing but frogspawns. Next time Im there I will attempt to capture some decent pics for you.

LOL :lol:

It looks more lonely and small in real life !!!!

I thought of this build today while at my lfs. He has an entire 75 gallon tank with nothing but frogspawns. Next time Im there I will attempt to capture some decent pics for you.

Oh...I'd LOVE to see that ! :)

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/09/29/ecoreef...o-population-1/

love you tanks good luck with it all!

I remember a coral only tank on RB, it was awesome B)

...going to go see if I can find it...:)

• 3 weeks later...

Well that got boring pretty fast lol !

At least there's more to look at now :)

This is still completely dead sand and rock though. I'm trying to totally control any life that goes in this tank to corals only.

15008.jpg

15007.jpg

15002.jpg

15001.jpg

Lol. Looks cool. I've been thinking of starting over with dry rock and sand. Also been toying with the idea of a 'natural' tank with only lps, maxi nems, nps and macro algae everywhere.

Yeah, came to my senses lol :)

It's been set up for a week now and is spotlessly clean because there's no CUC, no worms or other life on the rocks. I think my sole inhabitant - the frogspawn - is enjoying it because I've never seen it so inflated.

Guess time will tell on this one :)

Archived