Coral Vue Hydros

any reviews on this led light?

pico-reefer

Personally, I would stick with one of the N-R.com sponsors....

LEDtric came into the picture pretty recently and it seems like they've done their homework as to offering an "approved" spectrum lamp. RapidLED, BoostLED, and ecoxotic also have products which have given consistently good results.

So I think you could get something that has proven to be a good solution from one of them (still there are others too!).

One thing that I noticed is that it's only offered in 50/50 RB & CW. Also it has 30 degree optics... How high can you hang it and what size tank?

The picture doesn't seem to be even using these....

Finally, in many of the other "controllable" LED lights on eBay, once you turn the light off it comes back on @ 100% and you have to use the remote to change it back to whatever value you had it at.

pico-reefer

Yeah, well this is also 30.00 cheaper, and dimmable, so i figured id ask to see if anyone has used it with good success.

Thank you for the +1 ajmckay

Yeah, well this is also 30.00 cheaper, and dimmable, so i figured id ask to see if anyone has used it with good success.

While they are $30 less, you are getting 6watts less of very sufficient lighting and VERY narrow 30 degree optics on what looks to be a cheap build (casing). Not to mention the dimming control is virtually worthless and only there as a smoke and mirrors selling scheme.

Who wants to have a light on a timer, but still have to manually control the dimming % every day? Why not purchase a light for a little more money, with a money back guarantee, 3 year warranty, and with spectrums that were thought out thoroughly and are ready to go out of the box with no fiddling around?

This light is nice to have as a spot light in your home to "get in the mood" not for everyday aquaria unless you plan on running it at 100% every day. If you are buying it to run it every day at 100% cool, wish you the best of luck, but if you are buying based on the dimming feature alone, I would highly suggest against it.

Archived