Top Shelf Aquatics

Biocube 29 stock lights and lps

rtague

you maybe reading a few things wrong i have three lps in my 29 on stock lights and it wouldnt grow them. it was just enough to keep them a live, not good enough to make them grow. i would suggest upgrading your lights. i upgraded mine with a ecoxotic led 8 x 12k and 6 blues for 130 and my brain is already starting to grow only after a 2 weeks and my duncans are growing new heads too.

altolamprologus
you maybe reading a few things wrong i have three lps in my 29 on stock lights and it wouldnt grow them. it was just enough to keep them a live, not good enough to make them grow. i would suggest upgrading your lights. i upgraded mine with a ecoxotic led 8 x 12k and 6 blues for 130 and my brain is already starting to grow only after a 2 weeks and my duncans are growing new heads too.

Must have been your water or feeding. I have had 3 LPS under stock lights (I'm not big on LPS) and all have done great. I just gave away my duncan because it was being overgrown and stung but it went from one small head to 6 in just over a month. My wall hammer had to be fragged several months back and I'm probably going to need to frag it again in the next couple months. My branching hammer started as one head 2 months ago and is now 2 heads with one in the process of splitting. I also have a dozen sps that are growing incredibly fast. Stock lights can grow just about anything other than clams and acros, provided you place them in right spots, feed correctly and maintain good water chemistry.

as far as my water goes it was and is great. but to the fact that the compact lights depleat so fast is why i would just upgrade. For the price of replacing lights every 6 to 12 months at 25 bucks a pop u could upgrade and never worry about them again and have anything u want in your display. yes has sps will grow fast i have had no problems growing them but lps do like having a moderate to high lighting.

Archived