Various Zoa's
    Toadstool
    Gorgonian
    Xenia

Macro Algae

• Dragons Breath
  • Red Grape

Thankyou for reading.

If anybody has any advice and could give me a few pointer's or any general information that would be really great thankyou.

Sounds like a neat idea man, I'm a fan of the two tanks you linked to as well!

Looking forward to following on and seeing it progress. :)

So I decided to go out today and buy the tank I am wanting to use for this build, I decided to go for a '28l Superfish Splash Aquarium' for the sump.

I will be fixing the baffles in later tonight.

Prep_Sump.jpg

Thankyou for reading

the guy was having a delivery of 16 2m squared MDF shelving units and he said to me if i helped the guy unload them I could have the 7g with DIY stand for free so that was pretty decent.

That's a pretty sweet deal you got there! Manual labour for a tank! :D

My pump arrived today, I went for a Sicce Syncra 700l/h , this is the lowest one they do, and with the water only traveling up about 1m this should be just about right to get enough flow through the sump. I have used these types of pumps before and know that they are reliable and pretty silent.

Return_Pump.jpg

Finished the siliconing last night, pretty happy will be doing a water test today and if thats successful I will post some pictures later.

Thankyou for reading

• 2 months later...

So its been a long time since iv done any sort of update... Uni work got pretty intense towards final handin's, terms over now so a nice couple of months to chill out.

Anyway about the tank.... everything's doing great and seen some good growth. With downgrading the size of my tank I decided to exchange my cleaner shrimp at my lfs (he seemed comfortable but I felt he was maybe a bit to big) in the end i went for a small peppermint shrimp. I decided to try a peppermint shrimp out because of a few aiptasia that had been popping up in my tank, within a couple of days he had eaten them all. I have also now added cheato and various other macro algae's to the refugium section in my sump they are growing pretty rapidly and I keep pruning it down regularly.

I will take some pictures of my tank later :)

• 3 weeks later...

FTS & Today I have been making my ATO.

IMG_0641.jpg

DIY Auto Top Off

I've been looking into making a DIY Auto Top Off. I have read many threads on this but some of them dont seem exactly safe or easy to make, but with bits of information from here and there I'm going try and make my own. This is simply a diary of my build. It is not a tutorial as I have no electrical qualifications.

IMG_0078.jpg

Parts/Equipment

• Aqualifter Pump
  • 12v Wall Transformer
  • Relay with fixing base
  • Airline Tubing (I bought 1m but it depends how far your RO reservoir is)
  • Small Sandwich Box (Housing electrical components)
  • Old Mag Float
  • Small sheet of Acrylic
  • 2x Float Switches
  • Old film container (Snail Guard)

IMG_0070.jpg

Fixing for the float switches

I didn't know for a while whether to make brackets for the switches and silicone them into my sump while I was making it. In the end I decided that I didn't want to do this as I wanted to have easy access and be able to remove and replace them quite easily (after much reading I came to the conclusion that they should be checked quite often). I'v made my fixture out of some clear acrylic I had taken out of my old sump.

IMG_0069.jpg

Test fit in an old tank

IMG_0072.jpg

Here you can see the holes iv drilled for the water to get in.

IMG_0073.jpg

• 1 year later...
FTS & Today I have been making my ATO.IMG_0641.jpgDIY Auto Top OffI've been looking into making a DIY Auto Top Off. I have read many threads on this but some of them dont seem exactly safe or easy to make, but with bits of information from here and there I'm going try and make my own. This is simply a diary of my build. It is not a tutorial as I have no electrical qualifications.IMG_0078.jpgParts/Equipment

• Aqualifter Pump
  • 12v Wall Transformer
  • Relay with fixing base
  • Airline Tubing (I bought 1m but it depends how far your RO reservoir is)
  • Small Sandwich Box (Housing electrical components)
  • Old Mag Float
  • Small sheet of Acrylic
  • 2x Float Switches
  • Old film container (Snail Guard)

IMG_0070.jpgFixing for the float switches

I didn't know for a while whether to make brackets for the switches and silicone them into my sump while I was making it. In the end I decided that I didn't want to do this as I wanted to have easy access and be able to remove and replace them quite easily (after much reading I came to the conclusion that they should be checked quite often). I'v made my fixture out of some clear acrylic I had taken out of my old sump.IMG_0069.jpg

Test fit in an old tankIMG_0072.jpg

Here you can see the holes iv drilled for the water to get in.IMG_0073.jpg

Very cool!

Archived