Innovative Marine Aquariums

Good or Bad

psy_dot

If you're talking about the white guy floating that's some kind of a copepod. It's good.

Yeah the white guy. Great thanks for the reply :)

Looks like nudi to me. And closed up zoas are a telltale sign on them being zoa-eating-nudis. Manual removal os all you come across.. And dip you zoas too and repeat 2 times with 2 weeks in between. Sucks.

Looks like nudi to me. And closed up zoas are a telltale sign on them being zoa-eating-nudis. Manual removal os all you come across.. And dip you zoas too and repeat 2 times with 2 weeks in between. Sucks.

This sucks

If you're talking about the white guy floating that's some kind of a copepod. It's good.

It's definitely not a cope pod, it looks like it's stuck on the glass rather than floating... it looks like a baby zoa-eating nudibranch. Pluck it. Look for more.

acropora1981

Worst ID attempt I've ever seen.

might wanna be a little more careful with your id's. Condsidering that in this case, as others have now pointed out, its a predatory nudibranch.

Breif freshwater dips will kill the adults, but you need to repeat a number of times until you kill all the hatchlings, and eggs.

Worst ID attempt I've ever seen.

might wanna be a little more careful with your id's. Condsidering that in this case, as others have now pointed out, its a predatory nudibranch.

Breif freshwater dips will kill the adults, but you need to repeat a number of times until you kill all the hatchlings, and eggs.

People should just be a little more sure when they give out such a confident-sounding ID. In this case, that guy may have left it and then lost the nudibranch somewhere in tank...

acropora1981
People should just be a little more sure when they give out such a confident-sounding ID. In this case, that guy may have left it and then lost the nudibranch somewhere in tank...

Exactly.

Its made even more flippant by the fact that in the background, we see irritated and closed up zoas.

altolamprologus

Yep zoa eating nudi. Dip in freshwater or coral rx/iodine for 10 minutes. Then repeat every 2 days for a total of 3 dips. The first dip will kill the adults and the subsequent ones will kill any eggs that hatch before they bet big enough to lay eggs of their own. Dip all zoas in the tank, even if they seem healthy

Exactly.

Its made even more flippant by the fact that in the background, we see irritated and closed up zoas.

And the fact it doesn't look anything like a copepod and exactly resembles a zoa-eating nudi... lol?

It's definitely not a cope pod, it looks like it's stuck on the glass rather than floating... it looks like a baby zoa-eating nudibranch. Pluck it. Look for more.

+1

Definately a copepod. Google :-

Copepod Latin name:- Zoaeatusallthetimeus.

:lol::P

Def a nudi.

I spotted one in my nano some time ago - got him out and another appeared.....

Got him out...........another appeared...... got him out.......two weeks later all of my ZOA's were gone!!

You will have eggs for sure - where? That is your quest to find out!

Archived