Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefin' at Work

banshee

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like what you've done with it. Big improvement!

Nice tank! That hh coral looks like some kind of sps or a toadstool.

Goniopora maybe

Thanks all! I'm happy to have it whatever it is. Hopefully it will remain happy and growing. :happy:

I haven't decided yet. I have no zoas or palys so far in any of my tanks. I have my sig hanging up at work over my tank. It makes me smile. :D

I haven't decided yet. I have no zoas or palys so far in any of my tanks. I have my sig hanging up at work over my tank. It makes me smile. :D

That's pretty cool that you can keep a tank at work. I don't know if many people on here do that, but this is the first tank I've seen. Your coworkers must all be jealous!

I just bought some miracle macro from Danielle so it might just go live in the pico until my 40B is up and running. Then I'll move some over and leave some in the pico. I'm thinking the pico needs xenia and maybe some of my ric frags. Then I'm thinking of moving my green clown goby in and maybe the baby mini mini nem. :happy:

Definitely leave some in the pico and add some sexy shrimp!!!!! I just added sexies to my macro/frag tank and they are totally hanging out in Danyello's miracle macro :lol: It's so fun :)

Just OCD! I make my kids 'play' in the tub every night so that I don't have sticky little fingers all over me during story time! :lol: My poor dog gets a lot of baths too! Now if only I could get my hubby to bathe his stinky mutt!

See? She says, "Please mom, not again!"

fsot056.jpg

:P

I love your dog's eyes! :lol:

I've noticed this HH coral is growing and putting out polyps lately. Anyone know what it is?

HHCoral.jpg

The HH coral is probably Porites.

ScubaEthan

Whoa! Cool little tank. The latest rockscape definitely looks the best. I love the hermit sticking out of a hole instead of the shell opening :P

Thanks! It's doing well. The emeralds freaked out my coworker by molting. I was visiting some vendors so she turned on the light for me and thought they were dead. :P She was even calling LFS's trying to find new ones. I'm really glad she didn't considering two is more than enough! :)

• 2 weeks later...
JakeJekel37

NIce looking pico. Agree that the latest scape looks best. Also, nice grab with the HH corals.

Thanks! I'm itching to get some new stuff in here before the deadline. Just waiting for payday! :lol:

Went to the PMASI meeting Saturday and one of the members brought in a snail for ID. It seems it was killing her other snails so it is believed to be a whelk. Since I have no snails in the pico I offered to give it a home. :) Thinking I'll go to the LFS at lunch and see if I can find something to add since it's been awhile!

Didn't make it to the LFS today but I did find my soap dish! Now it's all ready for the macros that should be here next week! :happy:

picoFTS.jpg

That little pico looks marvelous!!!!!! Really fantastic!!!!!

Macros from me are on the way. You should have them Wednesday :)

Thanks Gena! I can't wait! I need to get some corals for the left side too.

You're welcome! What kinda corals were you thinking? Some zoanthids would look good there!

I'm not sure. I asked for xenia at a LFS that I'd never been to before yesterday. The guys tanks were overflowing with it and I thought he'd be happy to get rid of some for cheap. He told me $15 per stalk. :o I not-so-politely told him he could keep his crappy xenia. I asked about a pink coral frag too, literally just a pink-encrusted frag plug, and he told me $650. I think I'll avoid that store forever now.

In good news, Ethan is sending me clove polyps and a yuma. And you and Danyello are sending me macros so the tank should have a great variety shortly! I also stopped at a second LFS that I'd never been to yesterday and picked up a purple/green maxi mini for this tank. I put in the soap dish hoping to keep it there but it somehow squeezed out through the holes and is now in a crevice in the back of the tank so no pics for now. I hope it moves! :lol: I also asked about their mandarins and they EAT FROZEN! I couldn't pass that up so I am the proud new mommy of this little guy:

mandarin.jpg

He's going to live in the pico to make sure he's frozen-trained completely before I move him to the 40B at the end of the contest. I'm going to supplement him with rotifers and tisbe pods until I'm sure he's good. I started him out right by switching the ball of chaeto in the pico with the ball of chaeto from my 14 so he's got a ton of pods that he's busy hunting right now. I'll keep bringing in chunks from my fuge at home and switching them out so he doesn't run out. I hope that will keep him happy! I added 1/8th of a cube of mysis this morning and I *think* I saw him eat a couple but he was in the back and it was really hard to see. Hopefully he really did and he's already adjusted to his new home! :happy:

Congrats!

If you have trouble getting him to take mysis I would try nutramar ova. My scooter goes crazy for it. Then you can start mixing in other things to get him to eat them.

Archived