SaltCritters.com

how many times of day do you feed your fish?

Brad'snanocube

altolamprologus

The fish in my reef get fed twice a day. My angler gets fed 1-4 times a week. The damsels with the angler just eat scraps from the NPS corals all day long. My cardinals get fed 2-3 times per day.

Feeding is really specific to the types of fish you have and what your system can handle.

you're supposed to feed them?

Yeah food is this magical thing that extends the life of everything.

dallasprstn

I feed my fish once a day, and sometimes I feed them every other day. I don't even feed the herbivores, i rather see them eating off the rocks and glass rather than waiting for nori.

Err, I feed like every second, but usually third day lol..I really control ingoing nutrients. I only have two clowns and feed them slowly over the course of half an hour to make sure most of it is eaten and isn't dropping to the sand.

Once. Careful not to overfeed.

Exactly I use to feed mine 2-3 times a day. Then after a nasty outbreak of algae I cut way back. 1 time a day sometimes I skip a day.

I have a total of 4 fishs and feed once or twice a day with NLS/ON pellets. I like to throw them in one or two pellets at a time so no food goes to waste, while still making sure everyone gets a piece. I also feed PE mysis and Hikari frozen 2x a week.

Usually once a day.. sometimes I feed two small meals instead though. They also get to pig out on the day I feed my corals. I prefer that they eat all the pods, mysis, etc.

I have a fairy wrasse who has a high metabolism but he seems to get enough food because he's pretty fat.

I feed once a day, but my watchman is always fat as hell. I think he eats pods when I'm not looking.

I know mine does. I catch him doing it when he thinks I'm not looking. :ninja:

Archived