Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Droolz....

LebaneseDlight

LebaneseDlight
and its so affordable too!

I know :( If it was $250, it would be in my cart already. But $1000 for a euphyllia? Well, too rich for my blood but something to drool over, regarless.

Is it just me.....

Or is there something about the word "Aussie"?

Seems like vendors stick it in front of their corals and it doubles the price! :o

LebaneseDlight
Is it just me.....

Seems like vendors stick it in front of their corals and it doubles the price! :o

I know, right! And Aussie torches, frogspawn, acans etc look just like any other coral (well, some newer/rarer color combos). It's the "forbidden apple" syndrome, we can finally collect some from their waters so let's jack up the prices until people start propgating them in the hobby.

At the same time, I want something SUPER BRIGHT yellow for my display and it's not easy to find something like the above referenced euphillya...

I know, right! And Aussie torches, frogspawn, acans etc look just like any other coral (well, some newer/rarer color combos). It's the "forbidden apple" syndrome, we can finally collect some from their waters so let's jack up the prices until people start propgating them in the hobby.

I don't know, but my Aussie Frogspawn is brighter and more colorful than any other frogspawn I've seen. I agree it's a buzz word that let's people jack up the price but most of the stuff is pretty nice.

C.I._Reefer
Is it just me.....

Thats because the price more than doubles for the vendor too. Aussie stuff is nicer in general, and costs LOTS more to bring in than indo stuff. My buddy brought in 6 aussie sps colonies and it cost over 1k. For that same 1k we coulda brought in 20 indo sps colonies. Most sick LOBOs and Acans you see ppl have are aussie

Builder Anthony

there on crack 1000 dollars........... them and liveaquaria........ i hate vendors that rip people off.

C.I._Reefer
there on crack 1000 dollars........... them and liveaquaria........ i hate vendors that rip people off.

I agree. The sh.itty part is people are dumb enough to pay some of those prices, or they wouldn't stay in business. I have a leptoseris in my tank that came from the EXACT mother colony as "jason fox's Jack-O-Lantern" Leptoseris. He sells it for $400 for a 1/2" by 1'2" frag. I bought mine for $20. it is unreal. I also have a Tyree cap that retails for like $80 per frag. I paid $5

You have someone who makes 500k a year and will pay that for it, so they charge it. Too bad it leave 99% of the people in this hobby SOL.

Does it come with crack cocaine to justify the price?

Is it just me.....

From experience, Aussie corals cost A LOT more to import than other regions, but this price tag is a bit over the top, then again I have never seen one this coloration.

acropora1981
Does it come with crack cocaine to justify the price?

From experience, Aussie corals cost A LOT more to import than other regions, but this price tag is a bit over the top, then again I have never seen one this coloration.

I was just about to bring up the fact that shipping from Australia brings the landed cost WAY up. However, they are smoking some serious crack over there for $1000, or trying to support said crack habit. In fact, i find a lot of the online american vendors are way over priced, considering the sick-ridiculous-amazing corals that some of my local LFS get in here in Toronto, specifically Reef Raft and SeaUMarine (Markham). They charge much much less for the same things! And no shipping fees.

I was just about to bring up the fact that shipping from Australia brings the landed cost WAY up. However, they are smoking some serious crack over there for $1000, or trying to support said crack habit. In fact, i find a lot of the online american vendors are way over priced, considering the sick-ridiculous-amazing corals that some of my local LFS get in here in Toronto, specifically Reef Raft and SeaUMarine (Markham). They charge much much less for the same things! And no shipping fees.

I have seen pics of Reef Rafts' SPS corals and they are amazing! The Red Dragon is one that comes to mind.

This is the reason why all of our gorgeous corals leave the country for you lot to pay stupid prices for. Can't get that cool stuff here in AUSSIE because the collectors get 10x the price in the USA!

land_lubber
This is the reason why all of our gorgeous corals leave the country for you lot to pay stupid prices for. Can't get that cool stuff here in AUSSIE because the collectors get 10x the price in the USA!

+1 and we see none of them here either cause the market isn't big enough.

Archived