Top Shelf Aquatics

Wizzy's 2 Gallon Fluval Spec (Taken Down)

Wizzy

This is the thread for my 2 Gallon Fluval Spec.

The equipment is all stock with the only addition being a small heater.

I use Reef Crystals and I don't dose anything.

I do weekly water changes and try to feed at least once a week.

I feed blood worms, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, Reef Cleaners Food, Marine Snow and Cyclopeeze.

FTS

-Wizzy :happy:

NEW FTS-

DSC05729.jpg

Thanks for all the Kind Words! I'm glad you like it. :D

So, I was looking at my "View Count" and noticed that I had 0 Views but 2 Replies. Can someone explain how that works?

Thanks- Wizzy :happy:

Ok, so I have some questions...

1. I am interested in breeding Sexy Shrimp and would like to know if 2 shrimp (a male and a female) would be happy in this tank? I would feed daily and continue to do weekly waterchanges.

2. The picture below shows one of the Asterina Stars in my tank. I'm not sure what it's doing, but I'm afraid it's eating my zoanthids. I've witnessed them do this multiple times but I don't have any conclusive evidence that they are eating them. What's your opinion?

3. Last time I checked my Calcium levels they were about 380 ppm. I am considering dosing something to raise my Calcium Levels mainly for the health of my Coco Worm. Would this be a good idea and if so what should I use to raise my Calcium levels?

Thanks- Wizzy

Thanks for all the Kind Words! I'm glad you like it. :D

So, I was looking at my "View Count" and noticed that I had 0 Views but 2 Replies. Can someone explain how that works?

The "views" section is only updated every so often. It is not real time.

Check your Mg first, but any old two part (ex. Bionic) should help get that calcium up.

The "views" section is only updated every so often. It is not real time.

Check your Mg first, but any old two part (ex. Bionic) should help get that calcium up.

Thank you very much :happy:

WillWork4Frags

I love the spectrum of lighting you used. I personally think it's a more natural look. If you've ever seen reefs in their natural habitat you know what I mean.

I love the spectrum of lighting you used. I personally think it's a more natural look. If you've ever seen reefs in their natural habitat you know what I mean.

Thanks, I really like a more natural look as well. :happy:

• 3 weeks later...

My Sexy Shrimp just spawned a few minutes ago :D

I'm very pleased with this, just disappointed I'm not ready to raise the larvae right now.

At the moment there's quite a few young swirling around my tank.

P.S. Coco worm is growing back its feelers. :happydance:

Cool! Do you think you could get any pics? :D

Sure :D

DSC05768.jpg

DSC05770.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

DSC05776.jpg

The shrimplets are the tiny (mostly blurry) brownish specks you see.

I took a video too but couldn't remove it from the SD card lol :P

I'll try to fix that a.s.a.p.

• 4 weeks later...
The picture below shows one of the Asterina Stars in my tank. I'm not sure what it's doing, but I'm afraid it's eating my zoanthids. I've witnessed them do this multiple times but I don't have any conclusive evidence that they are eating them. What's your opinion?

a lot of people in my local forum have had asterina's that have eaten some softies, and i'm pretty sure that's what that little guy is trying to do. imo, i'd try and take those stars out, not worth the risk of your corals, you know?

a lot of people in my local forum have had asterina's that have eaten some softies, and i'm pretty sure that's what that little guy is trying to do. imo, i'd try and take those stars out, not worth the risk of your corals, you know?

Ya, unfortunately I think they finished off that polyp <_<

I'd remove them, but I actually sort of like them lol :P

Also, they reproduce quite quickly and I don't know if I could ever find them all.

I'll think about removing them though.

• 2 months later...

Archived