Coral Vue Hydros

James's aquahoulic ant farm

JamesHL88

Your 'scaping is awesome! You make the tank look way bigger than a 20 and you have plenty of room for stuff up front.

And like everyone else...LOVE the bubble!

Well i removed my fuge today. My wife called while i was working. The power had gone out and my overflow lost syphon. Never trust a utube no matter how many times youve seen it hold syphon. So to avoid this problem in the future i removed the fuge completely. Also my cabbage and devils hand are at war and my kenya tree either got cought in the crossfire or took a bubble sweeper to the face. It doesnt look good. On a brighter note i can leave the house and not worry about a flood and all the micro bubbles the return pump were making are gone so its not a complete loss. Ill update my tank description tommorrow, but right now i have to sleep.

Im so sorry to hear that James... I think its time to buy a larger tank and have it drilled! :) I had my 20 long drilled as I have heard the nightmares of U tubes

JoelRHale i really like your tank especially the mangroves in the overflow box. I love topless tanks with plants or rockscapes breaking the water surface in the display tank. And by putting it in your overflow you have effectively hidden the roots from the underwater veiw. Perfect ;)

Ok i got the damsel today. I picked out the most tiny yt blue damsel ive ever seen. I got lazy and didnt feel like catching the cardinal. But this damsel is so small i dont see it bothering the cardinal for the time being. So im gonna try it with the 4. If aggression gets high ill remove something. But right now im pleased. ITS SOOOO TINY :lol:

Ill try and get a pic up

JoelRHale i really like your tank especially the mangroves in the overflow box. I love topless tanks with plants or rockscapes breaking the water surface in the display tank. And by putting it in your overflow you have effectively hidden the roots from the underwater veiw. Perfect ;)

The trees are actually hidden in the rockscape. They are actually pretty big. :) Thanks for the compliment!

Ok i got the damsel today. I picked out the most tiny yt blue damsel ive ever seen. I got lazy and didnt feel like catching the cardinal. But this damsel is so small i dont see it bothering the cardinal for the time being. So im gonna try it with the 4. If aggression gets high ill remove something. But right now im pleased. ITS SOOOO TINY :lol:

Ill try and get a pic up

Tiny fish = awesome. Doesn't matter what it is. B)

This is the best shot i could get considering this is the only one that he didnt look purple in. My phone hates blue.

2012-02-29190004.jpg

So tiny :D

I was playing with my phone today and learned how to take some decent macros.

2012-03-01174840.jpg

2012-03-01174826.jpg

Then this guy crawled out. Is this a stromatela? I found it on my candy cane. It appears to be a small fast moving snail with a flattened spiny shell of sorts. What throws me is that instead of just having antennes on the front. It seemed to have quite a few smaller ones poking in different directions. You can see them in the close up shot.

2012-03-01174607.jpg

2012-03-01174636.jpg

Also i added a new FTS to my original post plus some old ones so you can see the evolution of this tank.

Yeah I would say its a Stomatella varia, nothing to worry about. Actually will help keep things clean, and they reproduce like mad.

lmao JoelRHale, im usually posting from my phone so the avatars and signature arent animated. Just got on the computer and your avatar is hillarious

• 3 months later...
RETIRED

Equipment:

20 gallon long DT

20 high fuge REMOVED

eshoppes nano overflow box REMOVED

Rio 1100 return pump REMOVED

2 aqueon 500 powerheads

aqueon pro 150w heater

24 inch odyssea t5 quad fixture with digital timers

64w pc light fixture for the fuge REMOVED

DIY coke bottle skimmer

Aqueon hob power filter

Livestock:

Yellow tail blue damsel

False percula clown

Bangai cardinal

Yellow watchman goby

Blood red fire shrimp

4 turbo snails

4 jade hermit crabs

Corals:

GSP

Red mushrooms

Green implosion palys

Orange delight zoas

Radioactive dragons eyes zoas

Unkown zoas?

Unkown zoas?

Pulsing xenia

Kenya tree

Cabbage leather

Blue/green devils hand leather

Bubble coral

Green frogspawn

Maroon frogspawn

Candy cane

Red monti cap

Sorry the quality of these pics arent great. The only camera i have is my phone (galaxy s). But its funny to see how my photo skills evolved with this tank.

Most Recent FTS

2012-03-01172808.jpg

2012-02-17201251.jpg

2012-01-15113024.jpg

2011-12-14204405.jpg

Day One

2011-11-29173737.jpg

2012-02-08214333.jpg

2012-02-08214609.jpg

it does look awesome..i hope my setup can compare :) thanks again for all the tips

Archived