Pod Your Reef

20g tall newb setup HELP

Devin_23

Ok this is the setup im considering plz comment yes or no for the equipment it is gonna be lps and softy dominated with an aneome much later

20g tall

AI Sol led lights

Reef octopus hob protein skimmer

Two hydor powerheads on wavemaker not sure on gph plz comment

20 lbs of dead rock

20 lbs live sand

sounds spot on to me. Good enough for sps and lps if you keep your perameters in check.

Not gonna get into sps im thinking torches xenias polyps things with alot of movement also what size powerheads do I need

sounds spot on to me. Good enough for sps and lps if you keep your perameters in check.

However...

You want to make sure you can keep simpler corals first, such as zoanthids or mushrooms. Then move on up to LPS, then if that goes well, get a few beginner SPS.

REMEMBER TO DIP EVERYTHING THAT GOES INTO THE TANK!! KEEP THE TANK PEST-FREE FROM THE START!!

However...

You want to make sure you can keep simpler corals first, such as zoanthids or mushrooms. Then move on up to LPS, then if that goes well, get a few beginner SPS.

REMEMBER TO DIP EVERYTHING THAT GOES INTO THE TANK!! KEEP THE TANK PEST-FREE FROM THE START!!

Yea I was gonna start with zoas till I got some xp what do u mean by dip everything

Yea I was gonna start with zoas till I got some xp what do u mean by dip everything

iodine dips... i use seachem reef dip but there are lots out there

iodine dips... i use seachem reef dip but there are lots out there

Ok got it thanx also im gonna put two hydor in but im not sure about flow rate any suggestions

my 20h is being setup for a sps tank, the return pump is doing around 300gph, and i use alternating 750gph koralia's. that puts me about 50x turnover (right where you want a sps tank). for a softy and meaty lps tank generally 25x turnover is how much you want. a pair of smaller nano koralia's would be a good idea run constant, or maybe a pair of 450's alternating but keep in mind some corals don't want to be blasted with a ton of flow. ideally you want about 500gph in the tank for 25x turnover.

Archived