Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

GTi's 29 Gallon BioCube

GTi

tank was looking great, i cant believe how fast that birdsnest next to the rBTA grew this year!

good luck with the new tank

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tank was looking great, i cant believe how fast that birdsnest next to the rBTA grew this year!

good luck with the new tank

Thanks! I picked the tank and stand yesterday. I still need a few other bits and pieces before it gets wet but it shouldn't be too long now! Some of the corals have shown good growth and I hope the new tanks does as well. That birdsnest has also had a couple of frags taken from it. In the store the branches were much thinner - in my tank they are thicker which makes it seem like it is growing slower. I think it is the higher flow from the MP10.

Looking good, throw a pic up of the joker acan :)

I hope you aren't missing them too much. When I get the new tank up, you should stop by!

IMG-20120709-00209_zpsd995e974.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Today I transferred the contents of the Biocube in to the new 55 gallon (36x18x22). Except for the wrasse jumping onto the carpet during the swap, everything went smoothly. The clowns now even like the anemone!

I still have to sort out the aquascape, hang the light, etc.

I bought the BRS screen kit to keep the fish in (rimless, lidless) but didn't want to ruin the rimless look so I used some small, clear hooks to hold the mesh taught over the tank. Quite a clean look.

Don't know if I will do a tank thread for the new one.

20120804_120003_zpsceae6c50.jpg

20120804_120013_zps6a56d62e.jpg

Archived