ReefCleaners.org

36g Corner Bow - Distraction in my Office

HiImSean

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

today i moved rocks, added a rock and mounted some frags. its just starting to get tight. next saturday will be tighter. i may just remove the frag rack for a while to open some floor space up. im not really happy with the setup but it'll work for the time being.

the wife and i put another house offer in today so if it works the cube will be running shortly after moving in.

1329249873.jpg

got a new pic of my newest acan. its looking really good and growing a few new heads on the old skeleton. tomorrow's our clubs frag swap and im really excited. i posted on the last page that im getting blue tubbs and some blastos. im also getting some chong bongs, darth maul and a pink stylo. they'll be giving frags away so i should have a FULL tank tomorrow after the swap. im going to take my camera and i'll get some pics up.

1330111127.jpg

thanks!

i just got back from my club swap and wow, my tank is beyond full. i ended up buying 6 frags, came away with 13 free corals including chalices, acans and beautiful acros and a mille. pics to come as everything opens and is happy once again!

Well everything got into my tank just fine and is looking well. the only coral im not sure about making it is a pissed off mille. here's a total list of what i got this weekend

paid for

darth maul x1

chong bong x2

blue tubbs x3

blastos x3

pink stylo

cali tort

free

acan frag (2 heads)

blue w/ pink eye chalice

green w/ red eye chalice

5 unknow acro frags (most i glued multiple branches to the plug, had 9 individual pieces)

1 unknow mille

like i said above, i glued a few of the acro branches together on a plug, 2 are mag frags on the glass. one acro is very large, at least $40 at a LFS the others would go for about $25 i would guess. the mille has nice polyp extension but lacking in color, maybe a hint of yellow or green on it.

my pull from the swap

Picture121.jpg

FTS

Picture172.jpg

from the MP10

Picture174.jpg

frag mag acro

Picture177.jpg

darth maul and chong bongs next to it

Picture171.jpg

tort

Picture149.jpg

nice acro

Picture153.jpg

big frag

Picture128.jpg

green chalice

Picture147.jpg

blue chalice

Picture148.jpg

rough looking mille, just mounted

Picture141.jpg

another acro, i got 3 or 4 of these (blue)

Picture160.jpg

here's another crappy video

my wife has named the clown Richard Parker after the tiger from the book The Life of Pi. plus some more nice pics i just took

Picture182.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture193.jpg

tiny chong bong

Picture194.jpg

darth maul B)

Picture195.jpg

here's another crappy video

my wife has named the clown Richard Parker after the tiger from the book The Life of Pi. plus some more nice pics i just took

Picture182.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture193.jpg

tiny chong bong

Picture194.jpg

darth maul B)

Picture195.jpg

What lighting do you have on that

Wow, your tank is really looking great! And I'm jealous that your clown likes your hammer.... Mine better love the frogspawn soon..... :mellow:

thanks. he didn't pay the hammer any attention for the first few weeks. he just started venturing near it last week but i was out of my office since monday last week so i've been watching him constantly this week lol

This is looking great indeed. Making me rethink the AIO style setups.

thanks. i thought about doing an AIO tank but i had the HOB already and MP10 so it was easier to go this route, plus i have a little more room not doing AIO. i really wanted to do a peninsula style but the HOB is like .5" too wide to fit the short edge of the tank.

What lighting do you have on that

From first post in this thread, Par38.

;)

Nice tank -

I dig your penalty box shenanigans ...

Welcome to the "sin bin" .... huh?

Awesome

Thanks! i use to watch hockey a lot more, saw the green suit man from Always Sunny messing with the guy in the box and thought it was hilarious lol

• 2 weeks later...

update: my darth maul melted away in 2 days after i took that last pic :( a few of the acros aren't looking happy that i got a few weeks ago so im going to trade them off for some more LPS and zoas. the 2 chong bongs are now 3, the 3 tubbs are now 4 and everything else looks real happy.

made my rounds and traded my acros. came back with 2 nice colonies of zoas, about 25 polyps each, 4-5 nice green PE zoas, and 2 big heads of frogspawn.

these green PE are so bright, the look amazing!

1331570035.jpg

i love these, im pretty sure they're pink zippers. there's about 20 of them

1331570065.jpg

Builder Anthony

ya those zoas look great in your tank any chance you will want to trade down the road i have like 25 different kinds

possibly down the road. i've got about 16 different z&p in the tank, i'll need some more when i upgrade this summer.

i forgot to mention i also got a free AOG frag from a friend. they had been closed up for a week or two in his tank after he changed lights. there's about 10poylps on the frag. we'll see if they come around

here's a little update. everything is doing well. i kept one SPS that i got a few weeks ago and is doing well. im not sure what kind, its a nice red-ish color. the tort i bought is also doing very well.

Picture234.jpg

Picture210.jpg

Picture233.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Picture198.jpg

Picture232.jpg

Picture224.jpg

Picture207.jpg

Picture212.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

been a few weeks since i posted anything. my LPS and zoas are all doing very well. my SPS, not so much. my purple stylo is on it's way out, my panope birdsnest is looking bad as is my ORA birdsnest. my GARF is looking good still as is my milli. i kept 1 sps from my frag swap thats a nice pink/purple color that looks real good.

i did pick up a cornbread BGM chalice the other week that is awesome and today i picked up a single of of tyree pink watermelon that is small, but very very sexy.

BGM

1333989244.jpg

Pink Watermelon

1333992090.jpg

Archived