Innovative Marine Aquariums

36g Corner Bow - Distraction in my Office

HiImSean

funny that you should say that. i was looking to put it all up for sale. need some extra cash for my new build ;)

nice, i really want to set up my 25g and 40B and attach them with my 55g for a sump :D big dreams haha but that will have to wait till we find a house, such a PITA

this looks wonderful. that one rock looks like a Buddha foot almost!

thanks, haha it does

really nice looking and your filling her up with corals lol

sorry to hear about the nudibranch dude, those guys are such a pain.

thanks, i was going to be real pissed if i lost any corals to these bastards! i dipped them this morning. everything i dipped is looking happy except for one zoa frag. i also mounted 3 of the frags on a small rock, should look good.

i had to hold off on getting a nice zoa frag pack. next weekend ill be picking up magicians, true RPE, PPE, psychic PE, blue agrave, and red halo :cool:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nam yoho rainghey kyo

:)

Japanese? What does that mean?

my new goodies were attempted for delivery yesterday but was taken back to the post office. i'll have them tonight!!

im thinking of re-doing my rocks to give me more room to mount my corals. any advice for doing so? i don't want to create a mini-cycle. im picking up some zoas next week then that will prolly be it for corals. time to think about a fish

• 2 weeks later...

i finally picked up an awesome zoa pack this weekend. everything is opening up nicely. so without further adieu here are TRPE, PPE, Magicians, Psychic PE, Blue Agave, and Red Halos. im pretty busy out of the office all week so i'll grab my good camera and some good pics as i can

1326726634.jpg

thanks, most are mounted on a small piece of rock, two are on plugs

you speak Japanese? i picked up a few terms while i was over there

just a little update for the week. my orange digitata hasnt been doing well and has bleached a bit. i put it on my frag rack and is looking a little better, we'll see if it can recover. my rainbow monti got a little bleached around the edges on the rack so i moved it back down in the tank. i've had a bit of an outbreak of GHA. the new zoas are looking awesome. im starting to notice growth on my garf, green birdsnest, war coral, millie and my zoas are sprouting new heads left and right. im still looking for a tailspot blenny, a LFS moved right around the corner, 1/2 a mile, so im going to have them get me one.

so here is a crappy phone FTS for you guys.

1327338189.jpg

well, i was trying to find a tailspot blenny but no one had them in stock for a few weeks so i went with something else. a local guy breeds onxy clowns so i went and picked one out :D well my wife actually picked him. he's about 1.25" now. he'll eventually go into my 25g, if it ever comes about. i also got a cleaner shrimp. it's pretty bada$$

1327795717.jpg

1327795890.jpg

sadly my heater went out sunday sometime. luckily everything was just fine, a few zoas were pissed and so was my hammer. the temperature was 70* when i got to the office this morning. luckily there's a LFS .5miles away so i picked up a new Jager heater and bumped the temperature right back up. and now i have the assurance of a good brand heater.

so about a week ago i posted that i had a problem with GHA. last weekend i pulled a bit off, added some chemipure, and reduced my light schedule by an hour, 9am-5pm while im in the office. today they GHA is virtually gone :D not sure what really did the trick but im happy either way.

im preparing for a frag swap put on my our local club at the end of February. I've already got a few frags i'll be getting there, blue tubbs, pink/green blastos, and a rainbow acan.

That is byfar one of the most beautiful acans I have seen! Great find!

Thank you! The guy I got it from said his angels had been snacking on it. It should make a great addition when it opens up all the way

Looking good! also the clown is a girl probably, not a him!

Yeah, if its the only one in there, its definatly a she! My acans ( theyre newer frags) seem to love led lighting so yours will love that par! Please post some pics of it when it gets used to your tank! I love the color! Its very unique! Did he give you a name? I have never seen one with that combo of colors. Really cool.

it'll prolly change soon. it was in a tank with about 30 others and was the smallest in the tank. i doubt its changed in a week though.

i'll get some more pics of the acan tomorrow when i get back to my office. the guys just called it a multicolor acan, i lucked out for $20 :D he said it was about twice the size until his flame and pygmy angel started at it

Archived