Pod Your Reef

36g Corner Bow - Distraction in my Office

HiImSean

so i've been trying to set up my 25g cube for QUITE some time now. my wife and i are moving sometime in the next 4months so i don't want to set it up just to have to move it just after cycling. so in the mean time im going to quench my SW thirst by doing a 5.5g pico. i picked up about 50lbs of macro rock for my 25g so i will be using some of that for the 5.5g

equipment

5.5g

AC70/fuge

50w heater

Rapid LED par38

light timer

fish

Onyx Percula Clown

inverts

1 Astrea snail

4 Nassarius snail

6 Dwarf Cerith

1 Blue Porcelain Crab

1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

corals

LPS

Hammer

Frogspawn

Red Acan

Multicolor Acan x2

War Coral

Pink and Green Blasto

Red Blasto

Blue Pink-Eyed Chalice

Green Red-Eyed Chalice

Cornbread BGM Chalice

Tyree Pink Watermelon Chalice

Jayda Chalice

SPS

Garf Bonsai

Pink Mille

Zoas/Polys

Eagle Eye

Whammin Watermelons

Chong bongs

Radioactive Dragon Eye

King Midas

Blue and Teals

TRPE

PPE

Magicians

Blue Agave

Red Halo

Pyschic PE

Blue Tubbs

Green PE

unknown Orange

Blue Hornet

Softies

Green Ricordea

Yellow and Green Ricordea

Yuma

Pink and Purple Ricordea

after the tank gets started up I will probably add an ATO system since i am out of my office 1-2days every couple weeks. since it was friday and i was bored i did a layout i think i like. i think i will do it a peninsula with the HOB at one end and maybe a small powerhead eventually at the other.

planned scape

1320425746.jpg

let me know what you guys think and if i need anything or should change anything.

Current FTS

11/22

1321979697.jpg

12/12/11

Picture003.jpg

12/15/11

Picture007.jpg

12/22/11

Picture014.jpg

1/23/12

1327338189.jpg

2/27/12

Picture172.jpg

3/19/12

Picture235.jpg

4/10/12

1334087748.jpg

5/28/12

1338317542.jpg

7/19/12

1342700730.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks.

i painted the back of the tank, picked up some silicon for the HOB filter, and some epoxy. im soaking the HOB filter and heater in a vinegar bath. i was using them in a FW tank for the last few yrs so they were kind of dirty. also picked up a RapidLED par38 too :D

and here we go. im still trying to find a bulb, i may just order today or tomorrow. the fixture is 14" about the tank now.

1320679857.jpg

my office

1320679911.jpg

GRRRR im having problems with my epoxy, its not really holding the rock together well. i applied it yesterday afternoon and its firm but not holding the larger pieces together. if i add some superglue to the epoxy would that work?

Woot, the tank is officially wet! I filled it this morning. I'm going to be out of town all next week but I'll prolly have to top it off Friday from anything that evaporated. I'll post some pics prolly the followning Monday when I get back in town.

the light was actually delivered yesterday. i didnt think the usps was delivering until monday but i checked my box and it was here! i picked up a timer for it. im going to set it up tomorrow before i go out of town.

im going to do some shrimp/goby combo. i'd like a yasha goby but they're pretty expensive. i may wait to try to grab one until everything gets stable and i get an ATO

anyone have any fish recommendations? i was thinking of a yasha goby but being that this is my first SW tank, i'd rather find something a little cheaper incase they don't make it. i've been thinking of a pearly jawfish but i think they get a little large. maybe a possum wrasse? my LFS had a small, 3/4", YWG that would be interesting. i'd like a pair of small gobys but none of my LFS really carry many nano fish.

got a little bored yesterday and re did some rock. i liked the cup coral skeleton but i guess the epoxy i used was crappy and was pretty weak. i added a second island. i think the right side will be zoas and ricordia, and the left will have a few sps. i want that left top ledge to have a sweet encrusting monti on it. im going to makeor find a floating rock magnet for the top right under the filter.

1321979697.jpg

1321979718.jpg

and this is the view from my seat

1321980149.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i've been out of town for work this last two weeks and i came back today to see some algae finally growing. i havent tested my parameters yet, i'll do that today or tomorrow. im ordering an ATO this week

Archived