Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

Loving the different colored hammers. How large is the torch in the lower right?

thanks man, i want to get 1 more different color hammer to put together if i can find it. the torch in the lower right has 5 heads, origionally 6 but i had to cut one off.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wuddup guys, been a while thought i'd toss up an update.

i added a strip of LED's to the sol to get a bit of color spectrum going. it's only been on for a couple of days but i've noticed a bit of a color difference in the red digi at the top.

7144047825_04aa59fa0e_z.jpg

i went to this local frag bqq/trade, it was pretty cool. i took some of the frags of zoas that i had planned on selling, we had a small auction and i walked away with a big ass colony of eagle eye and green zoas. i also got a green colony of acro but decided not to keep it. it did come with a cool hitchhiker tho.

7005208366_4b0f5f6b83_z.jpg

unfortunally some bad news. my onyx clownfish decided he wanted to see what kind of hardwood floor i had. :( i was pretty pissed about it. so i picked up a black oc. clown and another regular oc. clown. i thought that all 3 woulden't get along but they paired up right away, always swimming with eachother, not chasing or anything. they look really happy.

7159511410_37e3b812f0_z.jpg

and last night i broke up that zoa colony and started to attach the pieces to the bottom of the sps island.

7159515094_20844b224e_z.jpg

thanks guys!

awesome tank.

questions:

1. what are you using for top-off?

2. are you dosing?

top-off i'm doing by hand. twice a day, once before i leave the house and when i get home. i'm going on vacation in sept so i need to figure out a ATO into the hob filter.

for dosing, i'm dosing just the second part of reef fusion 2 because i had low alk.

top-off i'm doing by hand. twice a day, once before i leave the house and when i get home. i'm going on vacation in sept so i need to figure out a ATO into the hob filter.

for dosing, i'm dosing just the second part of reef fusion 2 because i had low alk.

awesome. more questions!

1. Your filter/aqua clear is run via a pump. How do you expect it to be a gauge for water level? OR are you simply going to auto top-off not based on water level (and just gradually feed it)?

2. With all of your sps, do you think you'll need to be dosing Calcium soon? I have barely any sps in my tank, and my calcium drops about 10-20 ppms a week between water changes. Would be good to know how you keep it up at a decent level.

thanks!

awesome. more questions!

1. Your filter/aqua clear is run via a pump. How do you expect it to be a gauge for water level? OR are you simply going to auto top-off not based on water level (and just gradually feed it)?

2. With all of your sps, do you think you'll need to be dosing Calcium soon? I have barely any sps in my tank, and my calcium drops about 10-20 ppms a week between water changes. Would be good to know how you keep it up at a decent level.

thanks!

no problem ask away! haha

1. what i was thinking was to put the float switch in the tank. not like i want anymore equipment in the tank but i'm going to have to i think. so that way, when the tank water level goes down, the float switch will kick in and turn the pump in the RO/DI and feed water into the aquaclear. this is all in theory tho, i need to put it into practice and make sure it works before i go on vacation.

2. i haven't had a problem with calcium yet, probably due to the reef crystals that i'm using that has extra calicum. when i found out i had low alk, the calcium was high, something like 650ppm if i remember. now it's sittng around 500ppm. so in other words i don't really have to dose or anything for calcium, just alk.

well the old odessya T5 lights still work....and fit for the most part..lol i'll probably get a new set of bulbs for it but i'll probably be using this.

KY0C0444.jpg

Hey, great looking tank man. Question about this odyssea fixture. Would you still recommend it? No cash for an ai Sol like you have. I'm stuck between the odyssea t5's or ledtric par38 bulbs. Thanks.

Hey, great looking tank man. Question about this odyssea fixture. Would you still recommend it? No cash for an ai Sol like you have. I'm stuck between the odyssea t5's or ledtric par38 bulbs. Thanks.

i'd definatly recommend it. it's a great light imo expecially for the price, you can swap out the bulbs for different colors which is what i like about T5's and it has the lunars. The par38 bulbs look great tho, im going to buy 2 of them for the sump lighting on the new tank but i can't really comment on the par's because i haven't used them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys sorry i haven't updated this thread in a while. plans had to be scrapped on the 20gal, i was going to use it as a frag tank and set it up at my moms house but we sold the house, so no point in setting it up. i'll be getting a 100 gallon setup soon in my new house tho!

having a bit of a sps coral bleaching problem that i'm working on, but otherwise the tank is doing pretty good. the three clowns are getting along great.

interesting story, my uncle is moving now too, couple of weeks ago he picked up this blue tang. well while we were doing the tank move, a tiedown strap let go, and the tank slid from one end of the pickup truck's bed to the other. we pulled over and the tank was cracked.

he has two big clowns, a flame angel and this small tang. he's getting the tank replaced and up and running again, i coulden't take the clowns because they are huge and would probably fight with mine, and the angel is in a gold fish bowl with a air stone, so i'm baby sitting the blue tang! i know, it's in a 10 gallon..lol

7584383994_b1aac5639e_z.jpg

7584380188_ac692f000c_z.jpg

now before the tang police jump on my nuts, i KNOW i can't have this fish in my tank. we tried to go to the local fish store to ask them to hold it but we got there an hour too late, they were closed. his tank is just about up and running and the tang will be transfered back to his tank on saturday, two days from now.

he seems to be enjoying his stay, eating the pelets and the seaweed and swimming all over. cool little guy but he has to go back to his tank.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Any updates? How's the 100 gal?

haven't got the 100 gal going yet, waiting to move into the new house first and take my time building the setup. it'll come soon tho :)

a bit of an update, the tank is reaching the one year mark, ups and downs, recently i got too brave and cranked the whites in the sol too high, bleaching some sps. got great growth but no color. since then i've been lowering the whites alot and things are coloring back up, some look great now but some are still on their way back.

7975547612_72f05fb13d_z.jpg

7975548240_c71bb205f9_z.jpg

moved some things around and decided to make a little zoa garden in the corner:

7975545951_55604d0a38_z.jpg

7975546514_7ebdabe250_z.jpg

and a FTS:

7975545376_8c73f42a2d_z.jpg

Archived