inTank Media Baskets

Swayd's 20H

swayd

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im all set up. Only thing is, I have my skimmers pump as a powerhead but other than that everything is in place. Im going to wait a while until I build the GU10 LED light but other than that Its cycling time!

After the cycle I will add the CUC, then a fish and then the skimmer.

Pics are coming, just as soon as the cloudiness goes away!

Yes the cloudiness is killing me as I cant add that last piece without seeing! -_-

I spent almost three days scaping this beast, I hope it goes well. :ninja:

Another tease.

Please ignore that giant piece of LR in the middle, its the piece that is seeding my tank right now and will be taken out later. Oh and the Batcave is not yet complete, I still have to position it just right ;)

post-50898-1321467748.jpg

Would the Aquastyle online 24 LED DIY kit be enough for an all SPS tank?

Or

Would I have to get the 36 LED kit?

Or wait til summer and get the AI Nano?

Another tease.

Please ignore that giant piece of LR in the middle, its the piece that is seeding my tank right now and will be taken out later. Oh and the Batcave is not yet complete, I still have to position it just right ;)

I like it. Have you finally finished the scape or are you still toying with it?

Thanks, the scape is pretty much set. The pieces on the left are all epoxied together and on the right I left some pieces loose just incase. But its pretty much done. It has all the ins and outs, height, caves and real estate I was looking for. :ninja:

:happy: Almost two weeks old now!!!

So, algae has come and gone. Theres just a little bit here and there. I havent tested water at all so Im not going to add anything yet. I will try to resist the urge and wait one more week, go and get all tested up and MAYBE get a CUC.

I am now BOOSTing!

A big thanks to ermartin for hooking me up with the two boost led par30s. His tanks are freakin awesome, some of the nicest Ive seen in person!

I hung them last night and they are all set-up now about 8" off the water! I might consider a third one but maybe later on in Jan and lower them to 4-5" off the surface.

Also, Ive been up and running for three weeks now, I havent tested, Ive had one algae bloom BUT thats it. Im Going to try to go get my water tested tonight but if I am all:

<10ppm or 0-trate

0-trite

0-ammo

Can I add my CUC and myabe possibly a fish?

Oh and BTW I will by getting a tunze to replace the fugly RIO in there LOL.

post-50898-1322766248_thumb.jpg

Yeah I was thinking of:

10 snails assorted

10 hermits

chaeto(If anyone wants to ship me a handful I'll cash out)

maybe a smaller turbo snail.

Then I want to add a Bangai Cardinal as my first fishy.

Archived