Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MSS's Biocube 14 Adventure

deligirlmss

Thank You! Well since I've only had it for 4 days, it's kind of hard to make a decision as to if I think it would be a good purchase. Though it is one of the better looking frags I received in my order.

O ok. It would be awesome if you could update about it every so often. Such as growth and light requirements. I need a chalice that loves the light. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure on the answer here, but you wouldn't recommend Mr. Coral would you? I'm a loyal liveaquaria customer probably won't ever stray from them but I like gathering info on other vendors.

Yeah it seems as though people have mixed reviews on Mr. Coral. I've never tried ordering from him, but it seems that some people end up with a great turnout and a really great deal (one normal sized order from him is probably enough to stock most nano tanks pretty well). Others seem to have bad luck with a bunch of dead frags or frags that don't live up to the expectations.

I'm thinking about ordering from him sometime, but I just haven't had $150 to drop on corals at one time yet... So we'll have to see.

Anyways, I love the tank... The 'scape looks nice and the LR you got seems really full of life. I remember that my favorite hitchers were the hidden cup corals... They seemed to do really well for me and then all of a sudden they died off... So that was a bummer.

I like the overall diversity, with the macro section, and a decent amount of sand showing. Also I really like the red-finned fairy wrasse... I think you're right that it's a female. It will probably get a little large for that tank, but I'm sure you'll want to upsize before that happens...

Anyways, keep it up, and good luck with growing out all those new frags...

Well, after 4 days of what appeared to be ich on my new fish, is now gone. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that ichs lifespan is a lot longer than that.

I just remembered a couple of hours ago that you wrote this -- I'm glad I found it again. The yellow clown goby I bought also has developed what looks like ich, except it's the same color as the body and the fish doesn't have other ich symptoms. She certainly didn't look like this when I got her...I wonder if it's a stress response? I'll hang on and see what happens. Your experience gives me hope that it'll pull through and not infect the tank!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
deligirlmss

Well. I haven't been on here in a long time! My life has been pretty crazy lately! I've pretty much just let my tank go at this point. My daytime light and fuge light both went out about 6 onths ago. I've been running the tank on nothing but actinics. I've also went from doing weekly water changes to doing one every month in a half. I haven't tested my parameters in about 6 months. Also I never check the water temperature. All of my corals have died, and at this point I have a FOWL tank. Major neglect on my part, but I haven't been over run with any type of algae and only one of my fish has went MIA. I've been very lucky.

But...... I'm having a baby in 3 weeks!

I decided that it was time for me to take care of my tank again. SInce I'm going to be staying home with the baby for awhile, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have time and energy to take care of my tank again. This has been one hard pregnancy!

I haved ordered more chemi-pure elite, and replacement lights. I plan on going into town and buying water so I can do water changes, and sucking it up and having my water tested!

Well right before I found out I was pregnant, I bought my LED's. It's the Aqua Illumination Nano with 2x Cool White(Cree XM-L), 4x Blue(Cree XP-E), and 4x Royal Blue(Cree XP-E). It's still sitting in it's box! I have no idea how to mount the thing!

Hope everyone has been doing well!

WOW! And congrats!! I don't have much baby stuff left, but I do have a dresser/changing table in maple (or facsimile thereof) if you're interested :).

• 2 weeks later...
deligirlmss
WOW! And congrats!! I don't have much baby stuff left, but I do have a dresser/changing table in maple (or facsimile thereof) if you're interested :).

Thank you! I already have my changing table and nursery furniture, but I really appreciate your generous offer! :)

deligirlmss

Can a girl catch a break!?

Well I made a visit to my Lfs last week. I'm not very happy with them right now. They have stopped carrying both of the foods I feed, Marine Fusion and Reef Caviar. They also had no salt water, so I couldn't do a water change. At least I was able to get some chaeto from them.

My replacement lights and chemi-pure elite came in the mail. I was extremely happy, until the replacement light didn't work! It wasn't a problem with my lights at all, After tinkering around I found out that it was the Ballast that was broken! I plan on calling oceanic on Monday to see if they can send a replacement part. If not, then I'm going to have to order one for $50.

Also, my wrasse went missing today. I moved around all of the rocks in the tank and had no luck finding it or it's remains. Now I have only 2 fish and a new rockscape.

Overall this has been a very frustrating week dealing with the tank. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but I'm pretty bummed by all of this. I was hoping to get my tank back in shape before the baby came, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen at this point! :(

Not sure which lfs you're using, but the one I typically go to also stopped carrying the two foods you mentioned. I have considered going to the marine fusion flake food which everyone in the tank will eat, too. I did manage to get some chem-pure elite there, but there was only one. Another place in town that carries the mfgr of marine fusion (at least I think it's the same) is Pet supermarket on 13th, next to the old Albertsons on one side and the Walmart plaza on the other. They also carry the oceanic carbon filters for $8.99, which is the cheapest I've found them. They don't carry marine fish, but they do carry a small supply of marine tank items -- since they also have the cheapest price on the most expensive cat foods, I make monthly stops -- the staff is really nice.

This time of year and pregnant -- yikes! My daughter was born in September, and I remember really hating August, despite having a great/happy pregnancy. Stay cool!

Archived