Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tristan's Reefer Nano

TristanC

Having a sump definitely helps man, I would never build a tank without a sump. No clutter on your display, nutrient export, mini quarantine for your mean CUC's, POD nation, stability and whole lot more.. I will be following your build because I love 20 high's and I have a 20 high myself!

Keep em' coming!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messing with my DSLR camera, not the best pictures but I'm just getting used to the settings and tricks when using a camera like this. IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Well i bit the bullet and bought myself an AI Sol Super blue. I used Trons mounting advise and have it hanging with shelving mounts. In the future id like to find a way to make it a little cleaner, and I'm also going to plumb a sump into it and get rid of all the #### hanging from the back of the tank. Here are some pictures :) As we speak its 10" from the water, and i have it at W17 B20 RB20, i need to set up all the timers still but I'm going to be doing that today.

Image-4.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. The shimmer is amazing, i can't wait till the tank is acclimated to the light and i can slowly crank it up. Also i am posting in the classifieds my Aquatic Life 24" T5HO fixture with ati bulbs.

Well its been a few days since i made the AI Sol upgrade and i absolutely love this light! Right now it peaks at W-27 B-30 RB-30, i am gong to increase it by 5% each week until i find the tanks happy spot. Here are a few pics of how the tank is coming along so far.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

After my checkbook recuperates from the purchase of the Sol I'm going to be adding a sump, and changing the skimmer to a Reef Octopus in sump style skimmmer, then...hopefully...and ATO. I am also having a phosphate problem so I'm thinking about adding a gfo reactor. Anyways let me know what yah think, the last pic is my favorite :)

saltwatercoral
Well its been a few days since i made the AI Sol upgrade and i absolutely love this light! Right now it peaks at W-27 B-30 RB-30, i am gong to increase it by 5% each week until i find the tanks happy spot. Here are a few pics of how the tank is coming along so far.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

After my checkbook recuperates from the purchase of the Sol I'm going to be adding a sump, and changing the skimmer to a Reef Octopus in sump style skimmmer, then...hopefully...and ATO. I am also having a phosphate problem so I'm thinking about adding a gfo reactor. Anyways let me know what yah think, the last pic is my favorite :)

Your tank looks legit! Not that it didnt before but the SOL super blue makes your corals pop!!! Well done my friend!

• 2 weeks later...

Not much has changed with my 20H recently. I have been bumping up the intensity on my Sol unit weekly so right now its at W-35 B-40 RB-40, everything in my tank looks phenomenal since the addition of the light. My nem is getting a darker red, all my zoa's pop like crazy, the acans look happier, and the Millipora colony that i put in my tank is beginning to change colors. It still looks relatively brown but its starting to show a nice green and almost a little pink in certain areas. I am still having a tiny issue with gha but it is staying under control for the most part, my palys are growing like crazy and they make me hate them a little more every day. I still have plans to drill the tank, add a sump with a cone skimmer, gfo reactor, and ato, but its going to be a while before i get the money for that. Anyways here are some more recent pictures (all taken with my iPhone so sorry for the quality)

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Tristan's Reefer Nano

Archived