Coral Vue Hydros

20 Gallon Long Topless :o Nano Reef (New pics)

splinter492

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also my LFS fragged me some heliopora from one of their displays. do you guys think it would survive with me acclimating it to my tank and doing a 5 minuet iodine dip before popping it in?

You're use of space makes it look way bigger than a 20L. Very nice !

thanks iv spent a lot of time thinking about the space usage and moving the rocks little by little until i was happy and same with coral placement it takes time to figure out where to put things

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sigh, may b time for me to grab some

More

Monti

Cap..... I killed it last time lol, yes, killed a cap, while acros doubled haha

DIY Cree LED's

please let me know what excatly the color of leds are you using and how many of each ect or just a quick write up about the lights please..

I badly need to build a light strip all my zoas are gone very pale and I like how your color looks.

right now im using vertex 50/50 only. my tank is also deep, 46 bow front..

my LEDs are at a 1:1 ratio of RB to CW run on 3 seperate drivers each with 12 LEDs one driver with all RB one with 6 RB and 6CW and the last with all CW. running the RB at about 55-60% RB/CW at 25-30% and CW at 25%. let me tell you this... if you want to maintain any sort of color at all under LED's you MUST keep you alk and cal stable and you MUST do your weekly waterchanges... waterquality is a must for coral health and growth i also noticed a dramatic color improvement with the addition of my vortech mp10 for flow

Wow. Love the tank. I just went to a 20L. I love the size and feel of them!

Could we get a picture of what's down under running this?

sure thing its quite elaborate iv got a basketball amount of chaeto some purigen carbon an aquaC remora nano skimmer mangroves and some phosphate stuff (lol i keep switching) ill probably switch to phosguard but yeah thats it oh and 3 pieces of live rock at the bottom of the chaeto (pods keep it pretty clean down there)

6289923667_d9542e528f_z.jpg

sump by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

old pic lol

Wow. Love the tank. I just went to a 20L. I love the size and feel of them!

lets get some pics of your tank!! ;) or start a thread. and if you have any questions feel free to ask!! :happy:

Very nice .I also have a 20l and really like it. Also have a diy led with the same colors. Just yesterday I ordered 6xnw and 6x b to do a bit of color change. Also just today moved all lights to 100%

just to see how sps react.

I was seeing fairly good PE when blu's were 100% and wht's were 75%. Will see what happens.

Good job ,tank looks great.

I'm getting ready to hang my fixture to help with color blending a little and so I can turn up the lights higher right now my whites are at like 25% and my RB 50% because I moved up my psammocora and didn't want to bleach it. I need some acroporas!! They had a blue millepora at my lfs and I was putting off buying it but right when I decided to get it it was sold :/ it's alright tho because that led me to getting the grube's gorgonian and I love that thing!!

Archived