inTank Media Baskets

20 Gallon Long Topless :o Nano Reef (New pics)

splinter492

splinter492

3/23/2012

7014213071_3135df3b60_z.jpg

DSC_0048 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

12/18/2011

6531785717_d03f61e350_z.jpg

DSC_0021 by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

10/28/2011

6289923587_30e25bff16.jpg

Reef by Jacob A Harris, on Flickr

SETUP

20G Long for the display

Skimmer: AquaC Nano Remora

Light: DIY Cree LED's

Stand: Aquatic Fundamentals 20L stand

Heater: visitherm heater

Return pump: Mag Drive 700 W/ 1/2" Loc Line

Powerhead: Vortech MP10

Overflow: Glass-Holes.com nano con dientes (very impressed with customer service and product quality)

Filtration: 10G DIY sump stocked with Mangroves, Chaetomorpha, Carbon, Purigen, and filter floss replaced weekly along with weekly water changes using RO/DI water

LIVESTOCK

Fish: ORA Ocellaris clown, B/W ORA misbar Ocellaris clown, Bangaii cardinal

SPS Coral: Orange Montipora cap, ORA Kelly Green Psammocora,

LPS Coral: Duncanopsammia, Frogspawn, Candycane, Acan Lord, Brain corals, some type of clalice

Softies: Blue ridge, Fuzzy mushrooms, Mushrooms, Various Zoanthids and palythoa, ORA Grube's Gorgonian

Inverts: Maxima Clam, Fire shrimp, Porcelain anemone crab :wub: pom pom crab

CUC: Dwarf Cerith, Mexican Cerith, Blue leg, Scarlet, and Red Tipped hermits, nerites, zigzag periwinkles, nass snails, and bristle worms

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
splinter492

lol thanks ill try and downsize a pic to post for everyone to see. or would you rather wait for a new current FTS???

Edit: downsized a pic of my tube anemone into my avatar

• 3 weeks later...

Doing some fragging work for my LFS and getting free frags for it so far got an Acan and some sort of brain? also traded my tube nem for a Maxima clam :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

yea the sand is different from the white i used to have it kinds makes everything pop! as for plans in the near future i am looking at getting an MP10 as well as my own ro/di also looking into different carbon dosing ideas because i plan to add a lot more sps corals. Maybe ill get a calcium reactor? im looking into this though http://www.marinedepot.com/CaribSea_L.S.M....IFMCHSM-vi.html

i know its kinda experimental and ill probably be trying it on my girlfriends tank to see what kind of results we get

It really shows when comparing your sps in both photos. I like the way monti's look but I think I need to get an LPS and have some success with it before I step up to SPS. I got in trouble (read: lost money and gained frustration) with my first reef by being sold a birds nest as my second coral.

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a mp-10 for my 20L!!

What flow setting are you using?

right now im using NTM but im kinda liking the short pulse and reef crest

what about you??

yes i did if you look down in the pics you can see when i first got it. but i have twice the amount you see in the first pic behind the rock for selling iv been fragging like crazy and trading to my LFS for new stuff all the time!!! and its only been in my tank for about a year!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well my LFS got a Blue mille instead of the rose mille i wanted so i got an ORA Kelly Green Psammocora and im more satisfied with it then i woulda been with the Rose mille. I LOVE corals that barely anyone has and its polyps are AWESOME!!! omgomgomg:lockdown:

whats do you use as your return pump for the sump?

Mag Drive 700. its way overkill and my glass holes nano con dientes cant handle it all so im using a PVC ball valve

Archived