Cultivated Reef

Avi's 15 gallon slice of Reef

chilled_fire

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Avi do your yellow and blue neons fight?

I actually don't know as the yellow neon went missing after about a week. So I guess they do.

Checked everywhere even on the floor below the tank stand, they are so tiny that its difficult to find them if lost in rock work.. But I am sure its dead :(

the thing is my blue neon was put in before yellow so i guess they would have had territorial issues. guess both were males. if they would have been females there would be no death "there would be two jealous neons not talking to each other" :P

Pretty sick my man. You did an excellent job.

Thanks buddy, just saw ur BC 14 , the scorpionfish is awesome !

Suuuure.

lol, how are ur neon "couple" ?

They are back to being in love! It happened as soon as I put in the LED's for some reason. There is a lot more blue in the tank, so maybe they just didn't like each others colors under PC's. So they are now "hanging" out together, buddy buddy, kissy kissy. It's very cute.

They are back to being in love! It happened as soon as I put in the LED's for some reason. There is a lot more blue in the tank, so maybe they just didn't like each others colors under PC's. So they are now "hanging" out together, buddy buddy, kissy kissy. It's very cute.

Finally , good to know they are back together even at MA they looked super cool together.

Very nice slice of reef you got there.. I love the background.. Looks like the ocean.

Thanks, I had black background earlier but got bored of it so the new one :)

Came home from office to see a disaster .

The rock on which i had the pick hammer had toppled over and the hammers head was in sand.I am not sure how the glue putty came off.

I know that my hermits sometimes try to squeeze into places but not sure who would have toppled the rock. :angry:

I did move the rock gently to its original position but I am afraid the damage is done, the hammer is all shrivelled up. and not opening, luckily the small frogspawn right next to hammer had no problems as the hammer took all the damage.

I don't know what to do now than to wait and watch. :tears:

Is there anything i could do ?

ok, so even today morning it was all closed up. syill cannot see if there was any damage.Hopefully when the light comes on it opnes up.

I have read that even if one polyp of the hammer is damage it could spread accross , is it true ?

That blows. But the rest of it seems to be expanding okay, so hopefully it will recover and regrow? It's a beautiful hammer, would be a shame to see its demise.

yeah man. i sure hope it survives

but have read somewhere that even if one polyp is damaged or infected the entire coral starts dying .

Sorry about that pretty hammer. Your coral was damaged by the fall and looks pissed off. If you see brown slime, siphon it off with a syringe as that would mean an infection. As it looks right now, it should re grow and not deteriorate further but only time will tell. If you notice the brown jelly slime (brown jelly disease) that is your clue to frag off the infected head. Also BJD smells awful.

I see a pistol shrimp in your future however...

yeah, have read about BJD pretty nasty , but the hammer or any other Euphyllia corals that I have dont have any BJD issue only thing they some times poop brown stuff and thats because i feed them well :)

I just hope the hammer doesnot get infected , thats my major concern.

yup cant wait for pistol to get in with the YWG :)

• 3 months later...
chilled_fire

Update after 3 months :)

Had to go out of country for a month so had automated almost everything except the water changes, was worried something might go wrong, but to my surprise everything did great !

Got a few new frags over the weekend, Javier from MA was very helpful with the discounted ORA frags so am happy :D

PIcs :

New Frags :

Pink goniopora

IMG_5476-1.jpg

Red Planet :

IMG_5426-1.jpg

Purple nest

IMG_5427-1.jpg

Forgot this guys name , next to Favia

IMG_5438-1.jpg

And my Fav :)

IMG_5466-1.jpg

Old frags ....

Pink Keyna and Xenia

IMG_5469-1.jpg

Torch

IMG_5445-1.jpg

Fungia (the Orange ones are not for my tank :( )

IMG_5440-1.jpg

Rics

IMG_5437-1.jpg

GSP bridge

IMG_5432.jpg

Polyps and blenny

IMG_5436-1.jpg

trachy

IMG_5422-1.jpg

Mission Impossible.

IMG_5431-1.jpg

Toad