SaltCritters.com

Matt's 29g Reef

Clavius85

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that I have the light taken care of it's time to order an overflow kit and return kit from Glass-Holes.com.

YAYYYYYY Candy!

YAYYYYYY Candy!

Probably going to be a week or two before I make the order though. A little low on tank funds at the moment after buying the Sunpod. :mellow:

Well we could always make a trip to aquatica and pick up some bulkheads when you come down. I have the 1.5" and 3/4" drill bits. You could make the overflow box I have work until you decide to either buy the gl#######s or just run that overflow box.

Well we could always make a trip to aquatica and pick up some bulkheads when you come down. I have the 1.5" and 3/4" drill bits. You could make the overflow box I have work until you decide to either buy the gl#######s or just run that overflow box.

What overflow box do you have?

I need to bring up at least one of my rods.... and go check out taylorsville

It's an ok lake from what I've heard. The tailwater area behind the dam is nice for people like me with no boat. Not sure how good the fishing is there. Lake Cumberland is my favorite. It's the place for stripers. Elkhorn Creek is really nice too. But I've only been to a few spots on it.

I was toying with going to get my boat this weekend.....

I really need to get the starter fixed. Tapping it everytime is annoying haha.

...rockin some evan. Forgot to check the stores in Indianna today.

Evan Williams ain't bad for the price.

BTW - I wasn't supposed to work tomorrow. But I'm going in for a few hours to help out. We may be getting some Pappy in. If we do I'll text you.

Sounds great man, pay day so I'll be able to buy a bottle! I can break out some steaks, and we can sip some bourbon if you come out.

Been working on my stocking list for this tank. So far I've got:

-1 True Perc (already have)

-1 Pygmy Angel

...suggestions? I'm thinking 4 small fish for this tank would be about right.

some sort of wrasse, and a goby/shrimp pair?

I might do a wrasse. I'd love to have a Six-Line again. But the one I had previously in the Solana got all aggressive and had to be removed. So maybe some sort of flasher wrasse.

I'm going to stay away from a goby/pistol pair. I hear that you never see them and they mess up the sandbed constantly.

I see my goby in the 15 all the time! And watching the shrimp appear with a pebble every once and a while is cool too!

You could always get a jawfish too ;) That's the fish that got me into this!

Instead of a goby you could get a blenny?

Yeah, I may get a Tailspot Blenny. They're cool. And I forgot. I'd like to have another Blue/Green Reef Chromis. That was the first fish I ever had back in my 12g Aquapod a few years ago. They're cheap but also look nice and are pretty active.

So that leaves me with:

-1 True Perc

-1 Pygmy Angel

-1 Blue/Green Reef Chromis

-1 Tailspot Blenny (possibly)

Save up for it!? I mean you only want FOUR fish. Might as well have a fantastic one or two. Nothing special about a perc and a chromis. Cool, yes, special, no.

Archived