SaltCritters.com

sandman's 40br

bensanders

Building a new stand for it and I just picked up another 40 Breeder to use for the sump. I'm going to add some more LED actinics too. I plan on having 80 watts of LED actinics +234 watts of T5s. I also want to switch a few fish out and get some schooling fish.

The stand and sump will be the biggest change, i'm not happy with my 40 gallon long sump.

Wow, that's gonna be one hell of a light. I've also been thinking about getting a few schooling fish, not sure which though.

40br display and 40br sump? I like it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Building a new stand for it and I just picked up another 40 Breeder to use for the sump. I'm going to add some more LED actinics too. I plan on having 80 watts of LED actinics +234 watts of T5s. I also want to switch a few fish out and get some schooling fish.

The stand and sump will be the biggest change, i'm not happy with my 40 gallon long sump.

Over a 40 breeder? Unless you're planning on doing nothing but clams and shallow water acros, you'll bleach everything with that kind of power very quickly. I have a light like Ben's and I'm hitting 200 par at three and a half feet through air. At most, run 42X crees (dimmed) and two T5s and even with that you'll need to increase the power very slowly...

• 2 months later...

Getting an iPhone 4S soon so I'll finally have a (decent) camera. I'll take some pictures and post a little update when I get some pictures to show.

• 2 months later...

Well, here's an update.

The light is too intense so I simply cut the wires on either side of the two middle clusters (to bypass them). I soldered everything back up, turned it on, and only some LEDs fired up. Something is seriously wrong and I can't figure it out.

This is probably the end of the tank.

Archived