Top Shelf Aquatics

BEWARE of Reef scavengers

thecowkid

SpringFever

Have you told them about the reviews you are posting? That may motivate them to pull their heads out of their asses and save some face.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love a good fight. I wanna see how this one turns out. Two things I hate in life are being ignored and people who dont use their turn signals(not in that order). And verizon fios. They screwed me 2 years ago so for two years ive been overpaying for direct tv. Good luck cowkid. Hope they get what they deserve

Yall are 2 funny.

Well it looks likes only one of the contenders in this fight was willing to play. I guess they had figured that once TCK got his teeth into them I wasnt gonna let go. Needless to say, everyone needs to read this. If you have gotten this far in this thread and are still thinking of buying through them then just hear this.

THEY NEVER RESPONDED TO ANY OF MY EMAILS AT ALL! They WILL never send your order. Nor will they ever plan on refunding your funds back to your acct.

That said. All who were following this thread. I won..Paypal gave me my $$$ back and are actually looking into other claims with this so called company. Something like they have had alot of DOA claims and Paypal takes claims dealing with animals very serious. Dont know what that means.

TCK = :D

TCK 2 RS.com :P

RS.com is like :wacko: what just got ahold of me.

TCK wins again. I may need to send them a box o garbage TCK style.

• 1 month later...

I wish I would have done more research before I spent $145.31 with them. Lesson learned. :huh:

I received a total of two e-mails one was the confirmation and the other was and e-mail from them.

If I don't have a notice by COB on the 13th I am going to file a claim with Paypal. Not going to wait any longer.

Thank you for your order with ReefScavengers.com. Your payment has been accepted and your order will begin processing immediately.

Please Note - All orders are subject to a 4-9 business day processing period prior to being shipped.

You will receive a confirmation email on the day your order is shipped. Thank you!

Thank you, payment for your order has been accepted.

Item Name Quantity Price Total

55+ Gallon Cleaner Crew 1 $129.00 $129.00

Mini Cleaner Crew - Free On Orders over $75 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00 $0.00

30 Nassarius Snails - Free On Orders over $150 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00 $0.00

Pencil Urchin (Regular) 1 $7.99 $7.99

Flame Scallop (Regular) 1 $12.99 $12.99

Chaetomorpha Algae - 1 Handful 1 $9.99 $9.99

Crown Conch (Regular) 1 $1.49 $1.49

Subtotal $161.46

Promotional Code: firsttimebuyer Promotion $-16.15

Shipping is USPS Priority 2nd Day Shipping $0.00

Tax $0.00

Payment method is 'Paypal'

Currency is US Dollar Total $145.31

Chris,

Thank you for contacting us. Your order will be shipping out between

4/11-4/13, you will receive an email with tracking information on the

day it ships.

Thank you!

RS

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:45:18 -0500, Christopher

<bigb*****@***.com> wrote:

> I am aware of the 4 to 9 day wait with all orders. I want to request

> a day off from work to wait for the package to come in. Do you have

> an idea of what day you are going to ship?

I dont know if we are allowed to post links or not but here is the BBB for http://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/pet-supplies-and-foods-retail/reefscavengerscom-in-west-melbourne-fl-223811236

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints

Advertising / Sales Issues 2

Delivery Issues 10

Guarantee / Warranty Issues 2

Problems with Product / Service 2

Billing / Collection Issues 0

Total Closed Complaints 16

Yea just posted that too ;)

what did you order?

Mini Cleaner Crew - Free On Orders over $75 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00 $0.00

30 Nassarius Snails - Free On Orders over $150 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00 $0.00

Crown Conch (Regular) 1 $1.49 $1.49

Subtotal $161.46

Promotional Code: firsttimebuyer Promotion $-16.15

Shipping is USPS Priority 2nd Day Shipping $0.00

Tax $0.00

Payment method is 'Paypal'

Currency is US Dollar Total $145.3

UPDATE: Just got notice my order shipped...

Wow 9 business days on the date. Just note I don't have shipping notice from paypal yet.

I will post photos of box and cleaner crew once I get them.

Your order with ReefScavengers.Com has been shipped today. Please refer to the email you receive from PayPal for your tracking number. If you have any questions please email us at orders@reefscavengers.com Thank you for your order with us! -RS

Update:

Got the tracking number 24hours later after shipping notice. Per USPS it was shipped today. Hope they did not sit in a box over night waiting.

-———

Your package from ReefScavengers.Com is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number.

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 13, 2011 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

—-------------------

Your item was processed through and left our ORLANDO, FL 32824 facility on April 14, 2011 at 2:55 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, April 14, 2011, 2:55 am, ORLANDO, FL 32824

Electronic Shipping Info Received, April 13, 2011

Needreefunds

Not to rock the boat, but all that means is they generated a tag. It does NOT indicate the package was actually received by USPS to be shipped yet. Check again today for an update.

sorry you guys are having so many issues but why not just order from reefcleaner.org like the rest of us never had a problem with them communication is top notch.hell john and i talked about how one of my retarded hermits went on a rampage and took out some of my cerith snails, and the guy refunded me money for not surviving even though i tried to tell him not to cuz they arrived perfectly fine my hermits were the problem not the snails. but the money was back in my account in minutes. money that i didn't even want back, sorry but with customer sevice like that i refuse to buy anything cuc related from anyone else. ever.

i'm just saying. i hope everyone that got scammed gets all their funds back and orders from more reputable establishments in the industry.

Update: USPS delivered the mail (all bills wish that would go away). No cleaner crew?

Last update from USPS

Class: Priority Mail®

Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item is out for delivery at 9:00 am on April 15, 2011 in BENTONVILLE, AR 72712.

Time to call the post office.

Update they came back and put it at my door.

Wow and I not happy... I will post photos in a bit. I had to hurry and get the poor things in small containers with some fresh water (saltwater)

nassaruis snail 55 (Need to count if I can they are so small)

nerite snail 25 (0)(Not a one)

Blue/White Hermit 25 (Once again so small I cant count yet)

Red Leg Hermit 12 (Once again so small I cant count yet)

Porcelain Crab 3 (2)

Emerald Crab 3 (1)

Decorator Crab 1 (0)

Peppermint Shimp 2 (One DOA)

Serpent Starfish 2 (0) (I did get two Brittle Starfish I hate brittles)

Mini Cleaner Crew - Free On Orders over $75 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00

(No Idea if I got anything for this)

30 Nassarius Snails - Free On Orders over $150 (Limit 1) 1 $0.00

Nassaruis snail (Nope dont think so I know I have less that 50 from the pack)

That got this one right

That got this one right

That got this one right very small hand full

Crown Conch (Regular)

That got this one right

Wow. Absolutely pathetic.

I didn't think I could possibly have any more admiration for John at Reefcleaners but, I do now.

Nassarius Snail (Regular) (remove) $0.79 $35.55

Peppermint Shrimp (Regular) (remove) $5.49 $10.98

Decorator Crab (Regular) (remove) $7.49 $7.49

Green Emerald Crab (Regular) (remove) $5.89 $11.78

Green Porcelain Crab (Regular) (remove) $4.49 $4.49

Serpent Starfish (Regular) (remove) $7.99 $15.98

Nerite Snail (Regular) (remove) $0.89 $22.2

Per totals from them they http://www.reefscavengers.com owe me $108.52

Time to move them to the main tank. Times like this I wish I had a quarantine tank

Also I think both star fish are dead. We will see.

How long should I give them before I contact Paypal?

Go ahead and open a claim with paypal now, dont wait any longer. They made you wait, then they trashed your order. Make sure you move straight from dispute to claim in order to pressure them to get the ball rolling. Time to take this out of their control, and in to yours.

Matt

reefscavengers is so slow to answer e-mails but You put in a claim with Paypal asking for almost a full refund and things change.

I got a reply from them via Paypal with 5 mins. I requested $104.54 they offered $64.00. If I was to buy them from the or another site at it would cost a lot more than $64.00 to replace.

Chris,

We are offering a partial refund for the value of what you are claiming was dead or missing. Keep in mind, since you bought a cleaner package, all of the items in that package are cheaper then their regular cost since you got the package pricing

From Buyer - Chris Schrier4/16/2011 14:57 CDT

If that is the case please send me what I paid for

or give me retail value of credit in your store.

``````````````

From Seller - ReefScavengers.Com4/16/2011 15:02 CDT

Ok we can issue a store credit and send you the promo code once this dispute has been closed. Thank you RS

DO NOT close that dispute. It closes automatically when they give you what you asked for. You need to work out a particular amount for them to transfer, via paypal, to you before it is to close.

Closing the dispute means you are back in their court, and you cannot open another dispute for the same transaction.

Matt

I called paypal 1st and asked them what I should do. I will not close the request until I have the store credit or replacement stock. Once a request is closed it can not be opened again and I can get the shaft.

Also thanks for the heads up!

Paypal usually puts a seller's account on hold until a claim is over, so this is why they are taking you seriously now. Funny how sellers notice when their money is at stake (payments from other customers) immediately, huh? ;-)

Matt

Archived