ReefCleaners.org

40 Gallons of Completely Unnecessary!

Coastie

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_20110210_171206.jpg

Hahaha never really showed this guy off! ;)

IMG_20110210_171145.jpg

This guy hid in the back for the first 3 days. Talk about ####### me off.

IMG_20110210_164843.jpg

The family!

IMG_20110210_164837.jpg

Yet another!

Also placed an order for some new goodies, will update when they arrive!I am bored at work... The tank is currently waiting for my return to home.

I was trying to post up plans and equipment in the 2nd post but I just kept editing the original one.

So here it is, my 4th upgrade since Oct 3, 2010. Thanks to Petco and encourangement from Ry05Coupe, I have bought a brand spanking new 40B. Along with this new tank is a new 20L sump!

Equipment:

40 Breeder

20 Long Sump

Odyssea 24" 250W Metal Halide with T5

Stand made by me

Glass Holes 700GPH overflow kit

1x 3/4" return

Bubble Magus NAC6

Quiet1 return pump (soon to be replaced)

2 x Stealth Pros

Vortech MP10

1x Koralia 2

1/4" clear mesh window screen lid

Stocking list plans:

Occ Clownfish "Flip"

Black Occ Clownfish "Sheila"

Pearly Jawfish

Tailspot Blenny (Future Purchase)

Red Firefish "Ralph"

4 Sexy Shrimp (2 are Future Purchase)

Fighting Conch

Coral:

Lobo Brain

Torch

Duncan

Frogspawn

Hopefully a TONNNN of Acans (I heart LPS)

Various Zoas and Palys (Will try to update later)

Various SPS (Will try to update later)

So my stocking lists and equipment is subject to change. Compliments and words of wisom are appreciated.

lawnmowerblenny

unforunately they had no large tanks at my local petco so I had to get a used 55 and stand, buty got a sweet deal 100 for tank stand and hob overflow... stand needed a little work and had to clean out the sand in the tank so thats another new thread coming your way =D

hope our fish like there bigger homes!

Indeed! Congrats on your new tank! Fortunately I was away for work for the $1 a gallon sale. So now it is sitting in the back of my truck waiting to make the 10 hour treck home! 1.5 more weeks!

• 3 weeks later...

Updated 1st post finally!

Would like to thank CDR5Y7 for all of his help and graciously allowing me to copy his design! My version is a drop in the bucket compared to his but I like it!

Thanks! I did a half ass scape which part of it I like and another part which I am going to fix.

I'm having issues with my heaters so I ordered 2 stealth pro 100W heaters. I know that the older stealths exploded but I have heard good things about the newer ones and my jager has let me down.

Thanks Fellas, I think it came out okay, I added a door to the side that allows me to easily perform water changes. I like it. You can't even tell it's there when it's shut :D

Nice job coastie, lots of credit to cdr for that stand style. great idea. Scape looks great and love the acans.

Wheres the pics of your sump?

Oh I guess I could post those eventually... HA! it's not the prettiest. And his design was AWESOME and just what I needed. I modified it slightly by lowering it quite a bit and added a hidden door on the side for easier water changes. But none the less he ROCKS.

I'll post pics of the sump post superbowl!

IMG_20110207_155051.jpg

IMG_20110207_155215.jpg

IMG_20110207_155230.jpg

IMG_20110207_155221.jpg

damnit forgot to take pics of the sump, was feeling a bit under the weather so sump pics will have to be delayed.

Got my new heaters in and didn't feel well enough to put them in.

Oh and the jawfish decided to rescape the back rock for me :/

HAHA I like building stuff. It woulda been fun. Up next is a TV stand I think.

And suprisingly enough that picture was taken with my droid.

IMG_20110210_171206.jpg

Hahaha never really showed this guy off! ;)

IMG_20110210_171145.jpg

This guy hid in the back for the first 3 days. Talk about ####### me off.

IMG_20110210_164843.jpg

The family!

IMG_20110210_164837.jpg

Yet another!

Also placed an order for some new goodies, will update when they arrive!

That's Sheila I've had her for a while. Long before I went to New Orleans. She doubled in size while I was gone! Her and Flip (The Occ) are a cute little happy couple, just as planned.

That's Sheila I've had her for a while. Long before I went to New Orleans. She doubled in size while I was gone! Her and Flip (The Occ) are a cute little happy couple, just as planned.

Cool. Any plans for other fish?

I constantly debate which fish I want.... some days it's a flame angel, others it's a flasher wrasse. I am big on colors and the purchase of the firefish was kind of an impulse buy. "Ralph" the firefish is pretty cool though, he actually has a bit of personality and he shares the jawfish's home haha.

Archived