SaltCritters.com

My Swissguard Basslet... Sighting...

rck

Was able to finally get the basslet to come out. he actually is curious now and comes out to see what I am doing. he's no pic hog like old Bubba who is always lurking around.

Best thing is to feed him and he comes darting out for the food. But this time I was just there taking pic and he was posing. :)

basslet_5.jpg

basslet_4.jpg

basslet_3.jpg

basslet_2.jpg

basslet_1.jpg

Here's Old Bubba the fat ass gobie... lol

bubba-1.jpg

Nice fish. Why are they so expensive ?

The Swissguard's are not too bad. It's the candy's that are crazy.

That's a great looking swissguard. Are the color in the pics close to it's true color? The colors look really great on yours. All the ones I have seen look more red and whitish.

Yes the color is pretty true in the photo's

and at $80 there not that bad for a fish... It's there Candy Basslet cousin thats $800.

Med I dont know... I feed it frozen and freeze dried mysis shrimp and formula 1

Totally agree on the $80 vs $800. Candy's are probably as colorful as fish come, but seriously, unless you truly have disposable income, the swissguard is an awesome fish.

animalmaster6

Nice Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby! How big is he now?

will these guys eat sexy shrimp?

They will eat small ones. That goes with pretty much any basslet.

Nice Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby! How big is he now?

They will eat small ones. That goes with pretty much any basslet.

Not to Hijack, but what inverts should not be kept with cand... I mean swissguard bassellets. I love inverts, and I don't want them to be chomped on.

animalmaster6
Not to Hijack, but what inverts should not be kept with cand... I mean swissguard bassellets. I love inverts, and I don't want them to be chomped on.

Small Sexy Shrimp and shrimp of that size.

and at $80 there not that bad for a fish... It's there Candy Basslet cousin thats $800.

$800?.... Try $900!! DD has one listed tonite at $899.99!! :huh:

$800?.... Try $900!! DD has one listed tonite at $899.99!! :huh:

They can be had for WAY less tan that if you can find a LFS that orders from Dynasty. Also, the last time I checked, Old Town aquarium in chicago had one available for 699.00 but even that is a little high.

driftsaru - they live in deep water and are hard to come by, sort of the holy grail for florida divers. They command a high price because it is dangerous to be a deepwater fish collector, accidents more likely to happen when you are chasing around a fish using lots o f oxygen. They are then decompressed over the course of hours, (who would risk swim bladder decompression with that fish?), and finally landed. It took up a good chunk of the collectors time and they probably go out for them a lot more than they come back with them. Plus they look awesome. Nice fish! You hardly ever get to see keepers share their basslet pics.

driftsaru - they live in deep water and are hard to come by, sort of the holy grail for florida divers. They command a high price because it is dangerous to be a deepwater fish collector, accidents more likely to happen when you are chasing around a fish using lots o f oxygen. They are then decompressed over the course of hours, (who would risk swim bladder decompression with that fish?), and finally landed. It took up a good chunk of the collectors time and they probably go out for them a lot more than they come back with them. Plus they look awesome. Nice fish! You hardly ever get to see keepers share their basslet pics.

Interesting information.

To the OP...pretty fish!

Thanks guys... Yea he is hard to photo. Tends to hide all the time. But with a small 34g cube he's easy to find.

I bet they are hard to catch... there a Bi&*# just to catch in our tanks... just image the open sea floor!

Archived