SaltCritters.com

How do I care for sympodium?

shadowninja

One of my orders online were mixed up so I ended up getting a frag of sympodium for free..however I've never heard of it as it is infrequently imported. How do I care for this soft encrusting coral?

I just don't want to kill it as people are selling it for $50+ a frag.

Here is a sample pic (not mine, blue coral like xenia/polyps):

1479.jpg

Just put in the 7 or so frags I got in various places, and will see how they do. (5:20 Pm)

Update: All pieces in my tank have opened up and they are the same blue green color as the ones pictured.

post-46533-1285094795_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
I picked one of these up today. Any tips? Can I do a iodide dip before I put it in my tank?

I got a small frag of this about 6 months ago. It was probably less than 1/2 in square when I got it and its maybe 1 in square now. Its always open and looks great but in my experience is not a fast grower.

• 4 weeks later...
I got a small frag of this about 6 months ago. It was probably less than 1/2 in square when I got it and its maybe 1 in square now. Its always open and looks great but in my experience is not a fast grower.

mine recently closed up for a few days and when my emerald crab stepped over them yesterday they exploded into the tank. water is perfect and everything else is fine so not really sure what happened

Archived